C4 Forums | Control4

Smart Things to/from Control4 Integration

I have no time right now to dedicate to this project.  I do not want to develop a driver for c4 for this.  I want to make it work only on the ST side of things and that won't happen until v2 of their hub in Q1 or later.  So until then, I'm not going to provide anything more then what I already have out on my github.

• 1 year later...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey @pstuart I am just curious if there has been any interest on your site to continue this? What you have so far in those videos is pretty phenomenal. With SmartThings growing, I am curious if you see any interest in continuing with this?

I have done several custom SmartThings to Control4 and the other way as well.

SmartThings doesn't have an API, so everything essentially has to be custom.  Some have just wanted presence to trigger a macro, others have wanted to use the Echo native SmartThings integration to trigger control4 stuff.

The options are limitless, but requires a lot of custom programing on the SmartThings side and a custom driver on the Control4 side.  

What are you wanting to do?

I know you stated previously that your intent was not a driver, but I was actually hoping for a commercialized version out of the box. It sounds like that isn't going to be possible due to the lack of API on SmartThings side. I just see this as such a powerful tool, not necessarily for my own usage, but for others in the market that want to start with a DIY hub and grow up to C4. 

1 hour ago, Cyknight said:

Ask Houselogix, or Chowmain how that went :(

I miss my Chromecast driver...

I was wondering what happened to that! I ditched my chromecasts a while ago and went for a media PC that runs through the matrix with mult Logitech unifying receivers on baluns behind each TV. I was just trying to set it up again for my brother and I couldn't find one that seemed to work. What was the story with it? Chromecast changed?

• 11 months later...

Hi @pstuart,

amazing! how cool is this topic, I just drop here looking for how to integrate my samsung smartthings with control4. I know that is a old topic but maybe somebody can give me some hints/advise.

I have an HC300C, old version with OS2.5.3, just controlling my bose home theather, TV and satellite - direct tv. I just got my amazon echo but unfortunately to make it works with control4 i need to upgrade the controller with a OS above 2.8.2 meaning an EA1 or EA3.

So, I have also samsung smartthings at home, maybe is possible to used as a "middle man" between alexa and control4, my idea is to program the samsung smartthings receiving the voice command and them translated/send it to the control4. I am looking for some voice control to my favorite satellite channels, Tv control, etc.

Maybe I am trying to "reinvent" the wheel, I dont know if you guys know a kind of IR controller for the TV/Satellite and bose home theater that can be integrated into samsung smarthngs and therefore with alexa.

Thanks in advance for your time, any positive input is very well appreciated.

Have a good one!

Daniel

19 minutes ago, ddavalos said:

I have an HC300C, old version with OS2.5.3, just controlling my bose home theather, TV and satellite - direct tv. I just got my amazon echo but unfortunately to make it works with control4 i need to upgrade the controller with a OS above 2.8.2 meaning an EA1 or EA3.

As a minor point, you *can* go to 2.8.2+ with a HC-250 or HC-800.  They're available in a variety of ways for much less than the EA series, if you don't want to spend the money on a full upgrade to the latest stuff.  I really do like the EA series devices, though.

10 minutes ago, Joshua Pressnell said:

They're available in a variety of ways for much less than the EA series, if you don't want to spend the money on a full upgrade to the latest stuff.  I really do like the EA series devices, though.

+1

The 2.8.2+ software gives you voice scenes. So you don't need a middle man to get Alexa.

4 hours ago, Joshua Pressnell said:

As a minor point, you *can* go to 2.8.2+ with a HC-250 or HC-800.  They're available in a variety of ways for much less than the EA series, if you don't want to spend the money on a full upgrade to the latest stuff.  I really do like the EA series devices, though.

Thanks a lot Joshua, I will look into this.

Indeed, the EA controllers are nice but for my application in one room is not necessary. I will check price/benefit.

Thanks again!

Archived