C4 Forums | Control4

Hi guys,

http://www.c4forums.com/topic/15151-chowmain-notification-suite/

Chowmain's Notification Suite of drivers offers 3 drivers in one package which enhances the way Control4 notifies you of events that happen within your home.

• Pushover Driver - This driver provides push notifications to your phone of events that happen in your home.  We have integrated the deviantsart image uploader straight into this driver for one swipe camera snapshot of your home upon doorbell press or security alarm photos... read more
  • SMTP Driver - This driver integrates your email service.  Does not require an active 4sight subscription and supports HTML and file attachments so that you can email a camera snapshot of your home upon doorbell press or a log of the events that have happened in your home... read more
  • Deviantsart Image Uploader - This driver uploads a file from a local webserver to an online image host.  Combine this with 4sight or 3rd party notification service to get a URL link to the uploaded file... read more

As per usual.  Please post questions in this topic rather than the other thread to keep it clean.  Thanks

Nice work, thanks Alan.

Two questions:

1. Emergency-priority notifications -> Ring tone/sounds - Can do not disturb mode and/or the volume control be managed too? - ie: if I push a message to say my fire alarm is going, Will this driver override my iPhone's current volume and alert me in full volume? - (or is this functionality not available)

2. If I start using the pushover driver - is there any reason to keep my 4sight subscription? - Do I need 4 sight to run Myhome on iphone and ipad?

Cheers.

1 - Emergency Priority Notifications -> This only override muted volume on android devices.  It will not work on iOS devices due to limitations in iOS.

2 - The Notification Suite only takes over one portion of 4sight and that is the email notification side.  It will not replace the Anywhere Access functionality of 4sight.  If you have a VPN you can utilise that in conjunction with the MyHome app to replicate the Anywhere Access functionality however this will require additional steps on your device prior to connectivity.

• 6 months later...

UPDATE:

The deviantsart online image host seems be in some financial strain and as such have suspended image uploads.  This effects both the pushover driver and deviantsart drivers.  We have sourced a new image host (chunk.io) and have integrated it into Control4 as a new chunk.io driver and have also updated the pushover driver to support this new image host.

If you are using pushover driver version 8.0 or 8.1 this will be automatically updated via the Houselogix Auto-Update Driver.  If you are using an older 7.x version then you will need to manually update it.

The new Chunk.io driver comes at no additional cost.  It will work with your existing Houselogix licence.  Note that if you are still using an extra vegetables licence you get your licence inserted into the Houselogix database by contacting them via their support page with your existing licence and the mac address of your controller.

Hi,

Interesting driver -  It comes very close to solving an issue I keep coming across. 

That is: Client wishes for his C4 door station to alert him when some one is at his gate, while away from home via his iPad.  With this driver I can now do that, but is there anyway to get 2 way audio / video feedback as well? So they get the push message, open the app, talk to the person at the gate and operate accordingly. I know the doorstation is not supported via iPad C4 GUI anyway, but is there anything else that could enable this that you know of? I know its asking a lot :)

I presume that would require a separate App 2 launch once the client gets the notification through. Then to open the gates they would have to back out the stand alone app and go back into the C4 app to activate the relay...?

I need to do it all within the C4 app :(

I presume that would require a separate App 2 launch once the client gets the notification through. Then to open the gates they would have to back out the stand alone app and go back into the C4 app to activate the relay...?

I need to do it all within the C4 app :(

Not possible today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can use any iOS sip software to make a VPN sip call to the door station.

Not with very good stability you can't. Had it all running and functional, always ran into WIFI issues with my phone (or 4g data issues). Would often seem to lock up the door station, etc. If you have the door station set to call a specific group of existing displays AND also have SIP, the screen it is calling crashes. It was brutal and unusable in my scenario. 

Archived