C4 Forums | Control4

Honeywell Thermostats from HouseLogix

HouseLogix is pleased to announce Control4 drivers for the Honeywell Lyric thermostat and Honeywell WiFi thermostat lines. As usual, we carry the hardware and driver, and offer a discounted combo package. Both products have incredibly small footprints and are considerably thinner than the competition.

Drivers support standard HVAC controls such as mode, setpoints, fan, and hold. The Lyric driver provides additional capability to programmatically change adaptive recovery, auto changeover, fine tune, and even the screen's sleep brightness and sound levels.

It's also worth taking a look at the rest of our product line, and stay tuned as we continue to roll out exciting new products. We've got a lot in the pipeline, which we hope you'll enjoy.

• 11 months later...

Can anyone give a review of the Honeywell Wifi driver? Does it work well with 2.7?

I initially had it.  It worked great and had all the functionality that it listed and there wasn't any expectations further that I had that it wasn't capable of.  I then changed over to Honeywell Redlink as I put in a TrueZone system and Redlink as the way to go once I did that.  Houselogix actually credited me back in full for the WiFi version of the driver and gave me the Redlink one (basically just an even swap), which was great.  I wasn't sure if i had to pay for an additional driver and eat the WiFi one, but they stepped up and took care of me with that.  

I initially had it.  It worked great and had all the functionality that it listed and there wasn't any expectations further that I had that it wasn't capable of.  I then changed over to Honeywell Redlink as I put in a TrueZone system and Redlink as the way to go once I did that.  Houselogix actually credited me back in full for the WiFi version of the driver and gave me the Redlink one (basically just an even swap), which was great.  I wasn't sure if i had to pay for an additional driver and eat the WiFi one, but they stepped up and took care of me with that.  

Thanks for the info.

Can I ask - did you use it with their Controller or "headless" with a C4 touch screen?

Thanks

I only use C4 with my iPhone and iPad.   It works fine on those.  I never bothered with touch screens.  I have a few SR-250 remotes that I've hardly ever used (they are just collecting dust in drawers in different rooms), so figured the same would be the case for touch screens. 

Can anyone give a review of the Honeywell Wifi driver? Does it work well with 2.7?

I can confirm the Honeywell WiFi Driver (this one) works great with OS 2.7.2 (not 2.7 or 2.7.1).  Control4 and HouseLogix were very receptive to the initial problems and resolved them fairly quickly.  I believe it has a trial so maybe do that just to confirm it works.  Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Eh, the driver isnt so good, the integration required isn't direct and must go through the Houselogix Home integration site.  The updates are slow and often fail, and the schedules contained on the Honeywell Wifi Themostats are never brought over to the C4 interface.  I wasted my money and have open tickets to resolve issues, ongoing...

• 2 weeks later...

...and oh yeah, Houselogix doesn't respond to support tickets or troubleshoot these crappy drivers.  I think they just sell them but don't actually make them or support them.  terrible...

I also opened a ticket on their Lyric driver, no response...

• 4 months later...
On 2/15/2017 at 0:40 PM, David Paxton said:

Agreed.

On this very driver both 

v1.4
 - Update HVAC state with new API changes

v1.3
 - Support for API changes

Came as a result of my tickets and within 24 hours of bringing the issue to their attention.

David, does your driver currently work? I have the same driver and it no longer seems to work. HouseLogix no longer sells the driver (even though the icon for C4 thermostats has the Lyric as it's picture). I've contacted SnapAV (current owner of HouseLogix) and they don't seem to know why it is no longer for sale or why it isn't supported. Their only suggestion was to delete the driver from composer and re-add it, which didn't help.

Archived