C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless APs

Adidaswood

I am now a proud owner of two Unifi AP-Pro. In the attic this weekend to pull the Cat6 in, made the hookup and my Wi-Fi has never been better. Now I am waiting for my new router. Using my existing wrt-1900ac with wireless disabled for now. The main reason for this change is this combo router just crashed way too many times. Not saying its a bad product, I may have just gotten a lemon. With Ubiquiti, I feel like a made the right choice.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

without zero handoff disabled, I am walking around anywhere in the house watching TV, movies from NAS,  all from my surface pro. couldn't do that before without drop outs. so with zero handoff enabled, will it really help. don't know but I will give it a shot and let you know. my wife's I pad was showing a -42db, 99% strength. in radio terms I think that's pretty good. I showed that to her on the computer, she just looked at me kind of funny.  she's not complaining.

• 6 months later...

So I have an AP Pro in the middle of the house and and Outdoor 5G on the patio by the pool and they both keep disconnecting and reconnecting every two hours almost like clockwork. Seems like when I upgraded to version 3.2.12.2920 it started happening. I've tried all sorts of combinations in setup to figure this out and am stuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived