C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 for PC on Windows 8.1 - Comfort issues

My system is on 2.6.  Control4 for PC (on Windows 7), iphone, iPad all work great.  But on Windows 8.1, the thermostat icons never show a temperature and don't allow me to change settings.  Has this been reported?  Is there a fix?  I tried downloading the latest Control4 for PC and I'm told i have the latest version.  Thanks

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  Still have the same problem.  I added screenshots to this reply.

I don't know which kind of C4 thermostats I have.  They were installed almost 3 years ago.

Changing the room does not make a difference.

post-135981-0-47637000-1427947407_thumb.

post-135981-0-89396800-1427947409_thumb.

post-135981-0-71184100-1427947411_thumb.

Your screen shots look like 2.7 not 2.6. I suspect you need to get your system up to 2.7 if you want to use the 2.7 myHome app...

My operating system is 2.7 and I use the 2.7 myHome app on my PC with no such problem. I see the temperature just fine. I have other thermostat problems but have found work arounds for all of them so far. Like you I am on the old version of the C4 thermostats.

Good luck!

Confirming what others have said...

You can't run the new OS2.7 MyHome AIR application against a system running 2.6, and have the thermostat UI work properly.

The 'right' solution for this is to either downgrade your MyHome application to the 2.6 one (if possible), or upgrade your system to 2.7.

RyanE

Unfortunately, since the 3 different UIs are developed by different groups within the company, there are from time to time discrepancies in how exactly how they function.

That's one of them.

Sorry.

RyanE

Archived