C4 Forums | Control4

Security Status Gone in 2.7

I have an Elk system in my house and since 2.7 came out the "status" of my alarm is gone.

Prior to 2.7 when I would go the the security screen I would see "Ready to arm, Armed, Away, Instant, etc."

Now when I got to that page it's just blank with no status.

When I do an activity like press "arm" it will ask for my code, then it will tell me that the system is armed BUT then is disappears and I can no longer see the status?

Anybody else getting this?

You can see in the pictures the blank status bar.  It used to say "Ready to arm"

post-135556-0-68231800-1428335742_thumb.

I have a DSC with the IT100. I reported a bug on this in beta, and don't currently have the issue - I'm seeing standby text "disarmed" as expected. Eggzlot, do you have an IT-100? I'll cross post this in the dealer forums. 

Hi codeman

I have the it-100 and dsc. That said my app auto updates to 2.7 yet my c4 is is still 2.6. If such bugs are possible I'd hope could not do auto updates or release a new app to match. Wishful thinking. I'd turn off auto updates but I think they update the app between major releases?

The distinction of 2.6 should be changed to 2.6 and up - this distinction is largely due to the fact that with 2.6 a new app was released with a higher minimal OS requirement to allow for new and future functionality updates - this also to allow people NOT updating to that version and above to use the 'old' app.

I believe this forum is probably just a small % of the overall C4 user base, and obviously the most active population.  If you need OS 2.7 on your controller to run the latest app, they should somehow disable auto updates on apps or just release a new app and have your dealer point you towards it.  95% of people with a C4 system probably do not visit this site, have no idea 2.7 was released and likely (like me) have their apps auto update.

There is an updated OS for C4 (2.7).  Using 2.6 on the C4 Controller and 2.7 app on your mobile device causing the problem?  I do not know, just giving those interested my current set up for trouble shooting purposes.

I reported this over on the dealer forums and they aren't seeing anything on their end with DSC/Concord, so I would suspect as you noted - your system and the app should be on the same version. If you're on 2.6, the update to 2.7 could be pretty straightforward and done remotely.

So just to clarify....

There is an updated 2.7 system for C4 that I need to get so that my 2.7 app update will work again for my alarm system?

Correct. While my HC800 controller was still on OS 2.6 and the Android app was on 2.7 I couldn't see the actual state of the alarm system. The update from OS 2.6 to OS 2.7 did the trick on my DSC + IT100 configuration.

2.7 fixes a few bugs. It's required for new screens, new tstat and remote. It has a new HVAC interface on screens (including humidity control and a better schedule0.

The biggest known limitation right now is some issues when using the new communication agent (optional unless you have the new screen) when dealing with a large number of screens.

Can't think of much beyond that for items other than the new devices.

Archived