C4 Forums | Control4

Determining correct driver for dimmers and switches

I have recently been replacing a number of mechanically failed* LDZ-101s and LSZ-101s.  I cannot find a reference to the correct drivers for the replacements. When I installed the original hardware, drivers seemed easy/intuitive: e.g. Switch was labeled "LSZ-101..." and driver was "LSZ-101" ...made sense to me. Now I install the replacement which is labeled "C4-SW2-Z-WH-10". When I look at the available "Switch" drivers (under "Light" and "LIght (v2)", I do not see an obvious correlation. Can anyone decode the above replacement switch model/part number? I assume C4 is obviously Control4 and WH is White. Does "SW2"  mean this is a "v2" switch? What does the "Z" mean? What does the "-10" mean? 

A possible related symptom is that some of these devices fall out of the network after a random interval. They identify as one would expect: green LEDs, four presses of the top key, flashing yellow followed by the default blue LEDs for on and off. Then at some random interval, they continue to work as switches with the normal blue LED indications, but will not respond to network commands from remotes or composer.

Thanks for any assistance. I would very much appreciate being pointed to a C4 resource that correlates model numbers for all devices to the appropriate driver. It would be most useful if it was in tabular form and contained for each unique piece of hardware: Label physically attached to device (e.g." LSZ-101-W"), "My Drivers" tab device name (e.g. "Light > Wireless Switch"),  "IP Network Connections" page "Type" column (e.g., C4:light_ip_control4:LSZ-101").

*VERY disappointed in the mechanical design of these original switches/dimmers as well as the V2 replacements...but I'll address that in another thread...

*VERY disappointed in the mechanical design of these original switches/dimmers as well as the V2 replacements...but I'll address that in another thread...

I think you did that already.

Let me ask you this, where did you obtained this "failed" hardware?  You seem to speak like you are capable of dealing with installation of the hardware drivers.  Are you a dealer, HO w/dealer or DIYer with CPro?  Have you read the other posts concerning connected load specification for switches?

I think you did that already.

Let me ask you this, where did you obtained this "failed" hardware?  You seem to speak like you are capable of dealing with installation of the hardware drivers.  Are you a dealer, HO w/dealer or DIYer with CPro?  Have you read the other posts concerning connected load specification for switches?

I did.

I still have a relationship with the dealer/installing company as explained in the other thread.

I have.

Thanks to you and everyone who responded. Let me ask all of you a similar "where are you coming from?" question: I'm not the least bit into political correctness and am retired from the LV business. I have been a forum member since 2008 IIRC, but have seldom posted/lurked here as I have other interests now. Here is my frank question. Who is the intended audience for this forum? Who pays to maintain the site? Are the dealers/installers here to share information amongst themselves or is this forum trying to also promote the products and dealers? I ask because every one of the few C4 installers I have spoken with who have history with C4 over the ten years I have been using the products unanimously will privately agree to everything I am saying. Therefore, I am surprised at the responses here. Very thankful for the time and effort put forth by those who are, I'm sure, simply trying in good faith to help me with my issues. Still, I can't seem to reconcile the disconnect between my reality and what I am reading here. Again, thanks to all of you who have replied with thoughtful responses to my questions.

All use the same driver.

If all switches and dimmers use the same driver, why in the driver section of composer do they appear separately? Sorry if this is an ignorant question but I have only a limited understanding of drivers. I have never written one myself. (I realize switches use different drivers than dimmers. I assume you mean all switches use a common driver and all dimmers also use a common driver?)

I have been a forum member since 2008 IIRC,...Who pays to maintain the site? Are the dealers/installers here to share information amongst themselves or is this forum trying to also promote the products and dealers?

I don't see why mentioning when you signed up is relevant at all.  A "member" will contribute.  You have not.  You really don't know who owns this site?  "Powered by CytexOne" appears right at the top and has done so for as long as I know.  

As an end-user, I find this forum invaluable.  The dealers I've dealt with here have been nothing but helpful.  I would not have continued to invest in my C4 equipment and gotten my friends into C4 if it wasn't for this forum.  While many non-dealers here may not always agree with the controlled access of Composer, it is one that many of us have accepted otherwise we would have left C4 for some other system.

Just wanted to say thanks to all those out there that make this a great forum.

Archived