C4 Forums | Control4

Internet radio - Sounds like station out of tune?

I have composer 2.5.2 with internet radio driver on it.  I believe this came with version 2.4.

I have found my stations that have been playing well for years.   Recently, and I have not upgraded, or changed anything, when I tune to any internet radio station that I put into my list- the station sounds like it is out of tune, fading in and out, or sometimes skips - not an enjoyable experience.

I have had this driver for several years now, and it was working fine.    Perhaps there is a new internet Radio driver that is better?

I use this driver for several internet sites that cannot be found on other players.

Thanks

Yes, I have rebooted my director.  

Sound works find through my amp when  using Radio or other music sources, just that the internet radio -- sounds like I am not "tuned in".   The station works fine on my computer, just not on Control 4 Internet Radio.

Sounds more like an internet line issue. We have poor DSL in our place and VOIP sounds similar to your description when the line quality drops.

Check your modem - if u have one - for your line/cable quality. reboot it.

I had an issue where my digital music would occasionally sound like you describe.

It was when I was using an HC300 as my sole controller.

I was told my audio splitters were the likely problem

I had a splitter plugged into each of the audio outputs so I could run each to 2 receivers.

I'm not sure why, but I reconfigured the setup and the problem went away.

The controller audio outputs are definitely NOT made to be split - though the issue is more often in audio path tracking. Certainly something to check though.

It's entirely possible that an audio output or even the audio chip on a controller is going/has gone bad.

If you have multiple controllers and free outputs, you could have the connections changed, though it's also possible that the issue is with your main controller's audio server.

If there are no available audio outputs, or that doesn't fix anything, being certain would likely require a dealer calling techsupport to have a closer look.

its sounding more like your lagging on your main router ..streaming from a pc will have  different results !! if your patched into a switch thats starting to bottel neck or just have too much going on will cause you to stream very slow and choppy try resetting the switch and see if that helps or try using another switch and reboot your main router  

• 1 month later...

I have composer 2.5.2 with internet radio driver on it.  I believe this came with version 2.4.

I have found my stations that have been playing well for years.   Recently, and I have not upgraded, or changed anything, when I tune to any internet radio station that I put into my list- the station sounds like it is out of tune, fading in and out, or sometimes skips - not an enjoyable experience.

I have had this driver for several years now, and it was working fine.    Perhaps there is a new internet Radio driver that is better?

I use this driver for several internet sites that cannot be found on other players.

Thanks

just wondering if you ever found a resolution to your issue please?

i had a similar symptom arise on the weekend, i believe it may be only on one of my zones so if that is the case it is probably a flaky DAC on that zones controller. I will do more trouble shooting if/when the problem reappears but at this point it is very intermittent (only happened twice), I remembered reading your thread a while back so I thought I would consult your thread to see if you had solved your issue?

thank you

C4 Guru

I ended up replacing my switch - and that resolved the issue.   I was noticing that about a month prior it flaky when I was listening to streaming audio - would be OK, and then have issues.   I thought it was the internet station.   But when I did a test from one computer through to another computer, I found I was dropping packets.   Then I found some ports were not working i.e. no lights when I connected the network cable.

Archived