C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Centralized Lighting

End Users - just wondering if anyone here currently has a C4 centralized lighting system in their house? Looking for some feed back. Have you found it to be reliable?

Dealers - any of you guys have input of C4 vs Vantage Vs Homeworks? C4 pricing overall seems to be better and the ability of programming natively in composer seems to be a huge positive compared to others.

I have a 1000 sqft apartment and have a hybrid with one 8 pack dimmer and DMX LED centralized (to most rooms, kitchen, living and bedroom and hallway) and one keypad dimmer in each room.

Kitchen. Is panelized only and no serial cable backup. Works great.

What do you mean by centralized lighting? Most of the lighting in my house is connected to C4 dimmers and switches - is that what you mean?

The lights load control is all centralized or panelized.

The control of that central set of loads is then through keypads Or timers or motion sensors. Reduces Or removes wall clutter.

So you have 8 loads in a dimmer paco controlled by IP from the HC250/800.

The panel takes 2 Or 5 of these packs.

Or use any DIN rail enclosure of whatever size you like :)

From a user perspective, it works no different from having he lights there, without the wall clutter etc. In addition it has the ability to have override control etc and doesn't REQUIRE ZigBee signal to operate. It's a great, reliable system overall.

From a dealer perspective - it makes no sense to INSTALL anything other than C4 - just doesn't. UNLESS there are (visual) design reasons of course. If it's existing (and working) , I have no reason to replace Homeworks etc either.

Control4 really does put a lot of time and effort into ensuring a reliable and easy to use system. Your dealer can even send in documentation and control4 for free will give you a cad drawing of your system where to put back ups and how to place devices with it being a full or even hybrid system.

The programming options gives you so many more features. I am not to familiar, with the other products

Archived