C4 Forums | Control4

Spotify Integration

C4RVA

I've been reading a lot today about Sonos as a way to integrate Spotify.  We have three ways we currently use Spotify:

1)  I have a WMB that I use airplay on my phone to stream. I like this because I can tell Spotify to pause and skip from control4. 

2) My wife uses her android to stream spotify from her phone via blue tooth. This can also do pause and play from control 4. However, the range is terrible. Like 10 feet max.  This really does not work well. 

3) I have a nexus 7 tablet that runs spotify on it in the rack. We both use spotify connect to control spotify on the tablet. The tablet is going to audio distribution via the headphone jack.   We obviously can't control anything on spotify from control 4 this way.

I am interested in putting a Sonos Connect into our system.  But we don't have any touch pads in our home. We have 6 sr 250 remotes that we mainly control the system with.   Other than allowing control4 to pause and skip songs what will sonos bring to the table? I know we could have many other streaming services with sonos but we're pretty happy with spotify. 

Also any advantage with a sonos connect versus a zone player 80 ?

I'm so disappointed with the Sonos lack of Spotify Connect support and no Spotify radio.   LAME!

Also not thrilled with the sound quality. 

I do like the Pandora integration though. The driver really does look good!

I'm regretting not going with the Denon Helos just for the spotify connect though. 

I just got an email from SONOS today saying that the Spotify driver has been updated.  I have been using Spotify for almost 7 years and I would say that the C4/Spotify dashboard is by far the worst I have used.  Hopefully this new one will be easier to use.  

In this update:

Per your request - Spotify Radio

Start a new station from the song that's Now Playing. Or from a search for your favorite artist with the Start Artist Radio option.

Your daily soundtrack

An ever-changing sampling of playlists to make sure you have the perfect music for any moment, day or night. Based on your time zone and updated around the clock.

Genres and moods

Find a mix to match your mood.

Your music

All your go-to songs and playlists right at your fingertips. Including Discover Weekly, a custom 2-hour mixtape programmed just for you and served up piping hot every Monday.

More reliable streaming

We realize some of you have experienced service interruptions. So we're rebuilding your Spotify on Sonos experience around a new, more stable platform. 

Here is a comment from the dealer forum:

"Definitely need to reauthorize via Sonos app after the update. Drivers, both sub-driver and the main Sonos driver, do not pull the new menu options. And the playback controls are gone, once you start a track, you cannot stop it. "

Archived