C4 Forums | Control4

Getting rid of Rhapsody... Google Play Music or Apple Music?

LSDave

Just as the title says. Getting rid of Rhapsody... switching to one of the mentioned. Probably looking at a family plan... i use mainly iPhone and iPad, but love songza. So that had me thinking of the google option. Do any of you use the google play music app on iPhone?  notice any limitations?

Just as the title says. Getting rid of Rhapsody... switching to one of the mentioned. Probably looking at a family plan... i use mainly iPhone and iPad, but love songza. So that had me thinking of the google option. Do any of you use the google play music app on iPhone?  notice any limitations?

There are no good options for family plans besides Beats / Apple Music that I know of.  Everybody misses that detail...

Rhapsody's pricing for family plans is outrageous and I don't understand why they have their contracts written to be such a poor competitor to Apple.

Apple Music will be on Sonos shortly it seems.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/09/29/google-play-music-family-plan/

Google Play Music is supposed to have a family plan released this year.  $14.99 for 6 profiles.

I've been using it since it's release on the early bird $7.99 pricing (and then I just sign into the account on my wife's phone, for example.) I don't have any iOS experience, but I've enjoyed the service overall.

I second google play music.

1.  You can upload up to 50,000 of your personal mp3s to their servers to be available for playback on any device for free.

2.  Family plan will be very reasonable priced.  15/mo for 6 profiles is great.

3.  The Songza curated playlists are very nice.

4.  Radio functionality.

You will need a sonos connect to have it well integrated into control4, if you aren't interested in tight integration the 35 dollar chromecast music dongle works really well.

I second google play music.

1.  You can upload up to 50,000 of your personal mp3s to their servers to be available for playback on any device for free.

2.  Family plan will be very reasonable priced.  15/mo for 6 profiles is great.

3.  The Songza curated playlists are very nice.

4.  Radio functionality.

You will need a sonos connect to have it well integrated into control4, if you aren't interested in tight integration the 35 dollar chromecast music dongle works really well.

Already using a sonos connect into my audio matrix. Uploading my part of my mp3 library is nice. Although i can stream my whole music library from my NAS.  Does anyone know if the curated playlists from songza will only be for payed google play music subscribers?

I have been using Tunein which is free, what am I missing here worth a monthly donation!

Apples to oranges.  Its like asking, I like PBS, what am I missing with not getting HBO.

The "free lunch" on some of this streaming will come to an end soon enough as ad dollars dry up too.

Apples to oranges.  Its like asking, I like PBS, what am I missing with not getting HBO.

The "free lunch" on some of this streaming will come to an end soon enough as ad dollars dry up too.

Great analogy but I was not promoting one over the other just want to know what actually makes it PBS versus HBO.

Will do some looking around then.

Which one of these services tie into my C4 directly like Tunein.

Thanks

Which one of these services tie into my C4 directly like Tunein.

Rhapsody is another with true integration, but I think many others are as well with recent updates.  I have Sonos so it is mixed together for me somewhat.

Archived