C4 Forums | Control4

Its 2016. Why isnt C4's interface in 1080p yet?

Relliom

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

can you elaborate?

This is not so much about the new update or new controllers actually - it's been there for Roku already. Assuming a device is capable, drivers can be made with either a 'channel' option allowing navigation or the device channels or separate 'cloud' drivers (like Sonos) can be used to have induvidual icons available.

56 minutes ago, PapaSmurf74 said:

But the million dollar question is how does it handle multiple rokus/firetvs.  I'd love to see a simple watch netflix button that automatically selects the first available box that can display the content similar to how channels are handled.

Let me answer my own question.  It does!  You can have a single watch netflix and it automatically chooses between available rokus.

1 hour ago, RyanE said:

Likely a better option for Kodi on a fire stick would be Alan Chow's Kodi Full driver.

Not that I'm a Kodi person myself, but I'd check into that.

RyanE

Last two drivers purchased from HL have had bugs and issues.  Neither issue resolved. One I can deal with and one is simply not acceptable in lack of Function and their slow response time (over a month). I know Alan builds these and HL distributes but with the support I am getting I am not buying more drivers until it's settled.  I have 3-4 on the to do list to buy.  

43 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

Last two drivers purchased from HL have had bugs and issues.  Neither issue resolved. One I can deal with and one is simply not acceptable in lack of Function and their slow response time (over a month). I know Alan builds these and HL distributes but with the support I am getting I am not buying more drivers until it's settled.  I have 3-4 on the to do list to buy.  

I would judge the quality of drivers on HL by the developer not HL personally.

28 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

I would judge the quality of drivers on HL by the developer not HL personally.

Support is support.  Nothing against Alan's work as I already a few of his drivers. But people here have posted for help and sometimes they are directed to open a ticket for his drivers.  With my current luck that has provided useless with HL.  If I knew the ticket went to Alan that is different.  But if they are supporting I can't give them more money until they fix what I've already purchased.  Money talks in my world. 

I'll give kudos to HL when they fix the issue at hand and then look at future purchases

Archived