C4 Forums | Control4

DSC alarm remote away arming

ERDrPC

Question

So I just noticed that whenever I arm my alarm from outside my home in away mode, it defaults to stay mode. For example, we leave the house but then realize that we forgot to arm the system...no problem login using our phone and remotely arm.

This is the reply from my installer "When you arm a security system and do not open and door (to leave) during the 60 sec of arming the system assumes you have stayed in the house.  This is a feature of DSC and GE security systems and cannot be overridden."

This sucks as we were just on vacation but our house was stuck in stay mode which meant all internal motion sensors were deactivated. Is it true that it cannot be overridden? 

6 answers to this question

I can test it later tonight but I don't think its true.  I remember we armed our system to Away while we were home thinking we had set it to Stay.  The motion sensor triggered and we got a call from our monitoring company.  

It might be how you're panel is setup though.

Definitely not true. Although it can probably be setup that way on the alarm panel.

I have a DSC system and when I remotely arm it to Away, it arms in away mode... I also know this to be true from false alarms in motion sensing zones :-). My holiday setting is to arm to away every night at 7pm and disarm at 7 am to give my domestic help access. It works perfectly and definitely does not default to Stay mode!

I also have a DSC - And this is exactly how my installer configured our DSC alarm to work....  This was true if you entered the Alarm code on the Virtual Panel (Which I what I guess you are doing?)

BUT.....  With the new Security Proxy (V2.8 +) and the new Domosapians driver for the DSC Alarms; you can now set the Alarm state to Stay or Away when you elect to activate the alarm.  IMHO - It's worth moving to the New Security Proxy - Much Nicer!

ERDrPC, what type of security system do you have? DSC has a lot of different control panels out there and I have found that I can customize mine, you just gotta get down and dirty with the manuals and reprogram it. Please msg me and I might be of some help. Here is a good resource for home security manuals:

https://yourhomesecurity.org/product-manuals/

Sometimes, the Installer manuals will have more codes and options to help you out than the regular User manual might. Just a thought.

Archived