C4 Forums | Control4

Card Access Temp Driver

Greetings!  I'm just finishing up a major upgrade to my system and noticed all my CA temp displays stopped updating on the Comfort page.  I checked in Composer HE and can see all the accurate temps for each area in status.

I addressed it with my dealer and received the following response:

Regarding the temperature issue, Control4 no longer supports the temperature driver for the card access devices on your version of software.  There may be something in the future that comes out but at this point even the functionality you have for it to be working in composer is not supported so unfortunately I don’t know that there is anything more that can be done to get them to work.

Has anyone seen this same issue?

is there another driver available?  I know a ton of people use CA temps, so this just doesn't sound right.

Thanks!

Paul

(Sorry about the font changes...)

I can, the temp driver was ALWAYS 'As-Is'  by Card Access, and since the take-over of the devices C4 dropped it.

Because it's buggy. What happens is that they stop loading info into the Temp driver on start-up. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Some projects (including my own) some load fine, some do not.

It can be temporarily fixed by reconnecting the driver to the 'node' in Pro, but it will fail on next reboot. Even for me (who can obviously change it easily enough, but has more intended reboots than the average user) it's a pain.

So, I've moved over to: https://www.houselogix.com/shop/temp-tracker

That one handles all sorts of devices, including Card Access units, Axxess units and more.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 2/25/2016 at 5:29 AM, msgreenf said:

Here is the free driver from CardAccess that will do this

temp_tstat.c4i

Mitch would you mind sharing the temp_tstat.c4i driver again?  I've been fighting the CA Contact Sensors for 6 hours trying to get a temp for my attic and rack room feedback.  I want to program exhaust fans when these rooms hit a temp.  Thanks!

**************nevermind @msgreenf I'm not sure why it wouldn't let me download anything.  Reboot and fine.  Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.