C4 Forums | Control4

Best integrated security panel in UK for control 4

Paul S

Hi. I know other threads have discussed a number of manufacturers for security integration, but which is the best one for use in the UK.

preferably I would like access to all the zones and for the panel to push updates as I don't really want the delays caused by polling.

I have seen Texecom, but then read that it won't be updated to the new style driver, so please help me decide on a panel for a new control implementation.

Thanks

Paul 

Thanks

My dealer is looking to see if DSC is available in the UK and has the correct accreditations to allow the panel to be monitored.

Control4 themselves suggested the Texecom panel.

Thanks

Paul

23 hours ago, Paul S said:

A bit of google searching and from what I can tell the PowerSeries DSC panels are not DD6662:2010 compliant, which is what I would need to install the panel in the UK and have it monitored.

I have been having a great deal of trouble trying to find an alarm installer in the UK that will install a panel that will work with C4. If you do find a solution / company please let me know!

i have just spoken to a C4 dealer who suggested ANY integration between C4 and an alarm would not be compliant with UK standards/police/insurance???  apparently the level of integration has not been declared by C4 apparently so advises to keep both systems separate?!  It doesn't make a great deal of sense to me, but possibly explains why its so hard to find someone that can help integrate the two.

1 hour ago, bdo21 said:

What is the issue with DSC in the UK? You can clearly buy DSC products but are they not compliant with UK standards so no alarm installer will fit them?

The issue is to do with the monitoring side. If its not monitored then it doesn't have to be compliant.

With regards to whether an integration with C4 would affect the compliance, I don't think it will matter too much as long as the C4 system can't activate the alarm.

A monitored alarm can only trigger police response if 2 or more zones have been activated.

I could leave the two completely separate, but it would have been far cheaper to be able to have access to the Secure / Not Ready zones for operating automation.   

I checked my insurance policies and they do not require a particular grade of alarm so it must be a monitoring issue. But if I don't want the alarm monitored anyway but would like notifications from the alarm by connecting it to Control4, why won't someone install a DSC system for me? They will install Texecom alarms which do interface with Control4 but I understand not as well?

2 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Texecom interface fine - but cannot handle the new C4 interface introduced in 2.8. It'll work just fine otherwise.

Thanks

Could you let me know if its the driver that just needs updating, and therefore will come in time, or whether the panel itself can't handle functionality the new interface.

Paul

The panel right now can't make any use of the new features, I'm told that with some of the background changes for the proxy you'd 'lose' some functionality - thus the drive wil not be updated, unless the panel's firmware gets updated. (So I'm told).

I always use the Texecom panels with my C4 installs and an install I've just completed had the requirement of the new alarm interface, so I've recently looked into this specific issue. At first I looked at which panels currently support it but struggled to find anything that I'd want to install available in the UK.

I spent some time getting through to someone at Texecom who could actually help me on the matter. The feedback was that V4 firmware for the Texecom panels would be able to support the new C4 interface. As with most forthcoming updates, when it's due can't be confirmed. I did ask if the current hardware I was installing would be able to support it (Premier Elite 24) and was told it would.

Hope this helps!

10 hours ago, Benn Howard said:

I always use the Texecom panels with my C4 installs and an install I've just completed had the requirement of the new alarm interface, so I've recently looked into this specific issue. At first I looked at which panels currently support it but struggled to find anything that I'd want to install available in the UK.

I spent some time getting through to someone at Texecom who could actually help me on the matter. The feedback was that V4 firmware for the Texecom panels would be able to support the new C4 interface. As with most forthcoming updates, when it's due can't be confirmed. I did ask if the current hardware I was installing would be able to support it (Premier Elite 24) and was told it would.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Certainly a step in the right direction, although V4 could be years away. V3 was only released late last year, and I've just taken a look back through the Texecom news archives, and can see that V2.09 was released in 2013.

I did raise this matter while I was on the call with him, saying hasent V3 only just come out, he said something about V4 being about meeting new standards, so it wouldn't be that far away. I can't remember exactly what is was about I'm afraid. 

Archived