C4 Forums | Control4

C4 store apps on EA-5

drmark12pa

Question

Just added an EA5 as my primary controller and cannot locate my C4 store applications anywhere on the onscreen display.  I often use the sound equalizer and the remote control locator when a SR250 remote goes missing.  I can still find the apps on my HC300s and HC800.

Where did the APPS menu go on the new EA5?

9 answers to this question

The loss of apps is one of the main failings of the new EA controllers and T3 Touchscreens (the lack of bookmarks and custom home being the other key failings). However, apart from this, the EA series is phenomenal.

If you still have a V2 Touchscreen in your project, you can access apps from this. I have kept 2 V2s in my project so that I can acces the StartHere! App.

13 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

what i figured. appealing that it can be done with in the navigators. However this can be down from with in composer home edition.

The point being that end-user can change settings on the fly (ie lower bass at night). 'twas a neat app

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:29 AM, Gix656 said:

The EA series controllers do not have an apps store. But you can get your dealer to add a quick button for finding your remote.

How do you add a Quick Button using Composer?  I can't seem to find the FIND REMOTE app anywhere though I do have it downloaded and can still access it using my HC800 and HC300s....

I assume by quick button one means custom button. You can create custom buttons in the Agent area of composer. You then program against the custom button in the programming section.

The app will appear on the right hand side in the programming section of composer in the room it was installed into. You will need to program from this to create the link to the custom button.

Archived