C4 Forums | Control4

Apple Music

Hello

(I'm sorry if this was brought up in a previous post)

Looking for some feedback ..

What is the best way to play Apple Music that was bought

( I don't like streaming from the IPhone with airplay) (Since it's wifi and needs interaction from IPhone)

I was told maybe from a Mac Mini using AirPlay (But via Ethernet).

Music will show up via Touch Pads also right ?

Thoughts ?

There is an iTunes driver that will work with iTunes running on a computer.

There are some simpler option as well, depending on how often your list to purchase music gets updated.

Happy Automating!

So this is aac files on the phone or Mac.

The easiest way is to

1) get a big USB stick.

2) Copy the whole iTunes music folder from your computer to the stick.

3) Put the stick in your HC250/800 or EA controller.

4) get your dealer or a remote dealer here to put mymusic on your controller and point it to the USB stick. Set up a scheduled scan as well (though composer ME can do that)

Access it from the controller music menu.

Now when you get more music you have to pull the stick and copy those files on there. But beyond that, this is the simple way.

To add to this, you can point your windows explorer to the shared folder of the controller and then the USB stick to allow for network transfer of the new files/management of files.

//controller ip/media/usb/random number of USB drive/

Happy Automating!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 3/1/2017 at 10:48 PM, VINCELdUB said:

To add to this, you can point your windows explorer to the shared folder of the controller and then the USB stick to allow for network transfer of the new files/management of files.

Do I need my dealer to add the USB drive to the project first? I plugged a usb thumb drive into the EA-3 and it doesn't show up in the project.

On 3/1/2017 at 10:48 PM, VINCELdUB said:

//controller ip/media/usb/random number of USB drive/

No luck with this either... I guess this will happen once the USB drive is added to the project?

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, VINCELdUB said:

Also, the drive gets added automatically to the project if it mounts correctly

Went from a 64gb to 8gb thumb drive and it worked. What are the limits? Will it work only with thumb drives or will it work with a FAT32 formatted USB hard drive?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, VINCELdUB said:

Happy Automating!!

Yes, sir! Thank you. Almost too easy, just setup an rsync and it keeps the my iTunes music updated on the EA-3.

rsync -avz --ignore-existing --delete /Volumes/Drobo/Music/iTunes/iTunes\ Media/Music /Volumes/media/usb/008061200009_MUSIC/iTunes/iTunes\ Media/Music/

• 4 weeks later...

So if Sonos has Apple Music intergration

What about adding a Sonos Connect ?

I understand with Sonos it streams and doesn't download but with good internet speeds that should be fine.

Will the Apple Music appear on the T3'S ?

And this eliminates the need to keep a PC up and running.

Thoughts ?

2 hours ago, jamesc4 said:

So if Sonos has Apple Music intergration

What about adding a Sonos Connect ?

I understand with Sonos it streams and doesn't download but with good internet speeds that should be fine.

Will the Apple Music appear on the T3'S ?

And this eliminates the need to keep a PC up and running.

Thoughts ?

Thought would be that you'll be disappointed, Apple Music never worked under the old drivers, certainly won't now. And the new driver doesn't allow browsing of any sort, so other than the -32?- favourites, you would have to use the Sonos App to browse.

Apple Music works just fine though my connect. I can access the playlists on my touchscreens or as soon as I enable the input to reflect the sonos device in the listen feature I switch over to my sonos app on my iPad or iPhone and boom, perfect Apple Music interface. It’s one extra step but I find it to be very worthwhile 

Archived