C4 Forums | Control4

4Store

Products with flash navigators, IE touch screens, v2 IE touch screens w/ cameras, hc-250 and hc-800, can all still use apps. There's no new apps coming out, but there's some functionality that still exists.

I don't see a reason to just remove it right now, a lot of existing products can still use it.

The anachronistic nature of it cheapens the conttol4 brand name. In my opinion. Shouldn't be available but should support legacy for a bit. 

How is something not available and supported?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Haze said:

The anachronistic nature of it cheapens the conttol4 brand name. In my opinion. Shouldn't be available but should support legacy for a bit. 

I had to look up anachronistic to find out what it means... I was still using a very good app from the 4store until a month or two ago... so definitely think it should be supported for a while longer as I am sure others will be in the same position.

The app in questions (StartHere!) was far from anachronistic (great new word... thanks!) and only in OS2.9 has Control4 brought something as powerful in natively (Experience Buttons).

44 minutes ago, Haze said:

Windows 8. Windows 7. OS 9...

All of which are still available for purchase along with windows server products back to 2011, older linux versions and so on - and supported in legacy mode just like 4Store is used in legacy mode under older flash navigator devices.

Archived