C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa C4 vs Epic Driver

6 hours ago, Stonemere Technologies said:

So, we're almost a year on now.  Anybody care to chime in with an update?  Is it really worth $150USD for Epic's driver?  Is there a free or discounted driver for dealers?

What update are you looking for?  Been using it for over 1 year and it works great.  

Is it really worth $150?  Depends on your budget and need.  I was lucky to get it when it was on sale.  Would I buy it for $150 today?  May be since I didn't like the response time of the Voice Scene driver.  The number of outages of Voice Scene recently would also influence my decision.  Now - Alexa control is more of a cool factor than an everyday use for us now.  In the beginning, it was fun to see it work.  We use it off/on but glad we have it.

If you're a dealer, just ask Epic for a dealer discount.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Note that the Alexa skill was recently updated with some pretty major changes. As C4's driver is 'free' outside of needing 4Sight, it may be worth trying again for those that don't have the Epic driver

Is this an update on the Alexa side or controller side? When you say skill, it sounds like I don't have to do anything to get the update -- it's already present. Is that right, Cy? Or do I need to have my dealer update C4?

What were the major changes I should look for?

Thank you.

Archived