C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa C4 vs Epic Driver

I haven't had a chance to test it with the show yet but I suspect that it will work just fine. My Show arrived yesterday but I'm out of town till the 4th. If anyone has one and can give it a go and report back, that would be great.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I tested it last night and couldn't get the discovery to work when using the Show as the primary.  However it worked fine when I added the show to an Amazon account which already had done the discovery using a standard Echo (or Dot).  As I mentioned to you over email, we are working to see if we can modify the driver to support using the Show as the primary Echo device as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2017 at 6:08 PM, chopedogg88 said:

I haven't had a chance to test it with the show yet but I suspect that it will work just fine. My Show arrived yesterday but I'm out of town till the 4th. If anyone has one and can give it a go and report back, that would be great.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yup just arrived back from the USA with a spanking new Show and integration doesn't work (yet).  So now I have the dot,  echo and show tbh the show is nice but dont really se the point of it yet.... 

The Dash Wand works but you need at least 1 Echo or Dot configured to use the Epic driver.  The wand works great but can't be used as the primary device.  It does not stay on the network.  It only activates when you press the button.  Meaning, it only gets an IP address when you press the button and then disconnects from the network when not being used.  

• 3 weeks later...

The Epic driver is great!  Super fast response time....

Question however... I've added triggers for each of my lights under the Epic driver.  However, this creates 2 occurances of a light in C4 and in the Alexa app.  I'm wondering if I should delete these triggers under the Epic driver?  I want the fastest response time and am worried if I delete the triggers, the lights will then rely on Alexa and C4 working to perform the on/off action (hence using cloud control and slowing response back down to original speed).  

As it stands, right now the triggers work just fine with the 2 identical occurances listed...

1 hour ago, drmark12pa said:

The Epic driver is great!  Super fast response time....

Question however... I've added triggers for each of my lights under the Epic driver.  However, this creates 2 occurances of a light in C4 and in the Alexa app.  I'm wondering if I should delete these triggers under the Epic driver?  I want the fastest response time and am worried if I delete the triggers, the lights will then rely on Alexa and C4 working to perform the on/off action (hence using cloud control and slowing response back down to original speed).  

As it stands, right now the triggers work just fine with the 2 identical occurances listed...

Ideally you should only have one... but if it's not broken don't fix it.

C4 native driver response (cloud) seems to have sped up noticeably with their recent server upgrades.

14 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Ideally you should only have one... but if it's not broken don't fix it.

C4 native driver response (cloud) seems to have sped up noticeably with their recent server upgrades.

Can the native light response be disabled so all lights only respond to the Epic driver triggers?  It appears that the lights autopopulate with discovery

On 8/21/2017 at 4:04 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

Recent... as in past month or so? When did this happen?

• 10 months later...

Archived