C4 Forums | Control4

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:57 PM, koxkp said:

How are you guys implementing the drivers in regard to auto room on? I have one driver now and haven't had a ton of time to test it out yet.

Seems a little clunky, but my idea is to get 8 drivers, one for each of my 8 zones and then i can just select what room to turn on from Spotify. Does this make sense or is there a better way?

I have 7 Spotify Connects for all the different Audio Zones today. Some of the Zones have hardcoded presets based on the room Owner (Ex. Son's bedroom has his specific Preset for his Spotify Account). When I am in the Living Room, I select Listen --> Living Room Spotify and I can start my Presets, Wife's presets or the Kids Presets. I can also trigger an auto-start.

Additionally I am using the 16-channel Audio Matrix and the 8 Zone (16-Channel) Amp to distribute audio. The only drawback I have seen is that each Controller model is limited to # of simulataneous stream. Example, I think the EA-3 is limited to 3 streams.

On 5/7/2018 at 2:44 PM, Home Theater Advisors said:

Go to the programming tab

Select the room

Select Audio Selection changed

Go to programming side and select room, conditionals tab below, audio devices selected is spotify connect driver and add to programming

Expand 'room variables' under the room name

select "Current_Volume" and enter volume you want the room to go below

Add to programming under the room selection conditional

Thanks Home Theater Advisor. It works, we just have to remember to make sure we put the spotify volume volume all the way low before we select "play on control4" otherwise it will do what just happened and started out at a really really loud level.

On 5/8/2018 at 4:43 PM, Cartnj said:

Thanks Home Theater Advisor. It works, we just have to remember to make sure we put the spotify volume volume all the way low before we select "play on control4" otherwise it will do what just happened and started out at a really really loud level.

I added in some delays so it gives us time to lower the Spotify phone volume. So now I start out at 60 then 3 second delays in increments up to 95

• 2 months later...

A couple of Spotify Connect questions.

Do you need an EA-3 or EA-5 for Spotify or will it work if your main controller is an HC-800?  There seems to be conflicting info in this thread as post 1 says it won't work if your main controller is an NC-250, but that post doesn't mention and 800.  But then a post just up above this from May 12 says that it doesn't work on an HC800.

Does Spotify connect use a connection from Spotify's servers to C4 or does it go through a client (like an iPhone) and therefore remain dependent on the client remaining on the LAN?  One thing I find annoying with Shairbridge/Airplay is that if I start playing to Shairbridge from my phone and then if my phone leaves the LAN it kills the playback.  Does the same thing happen with Spotify?

HC-250 running as director, does not support Spotify Connect. This is the setup at my parents and Spotify Connect does not work there due to the 250.

HC-800 running as director, does support Spotify Connect. I'm running this at my house.

14 hours ago, zaphod said:

Does Spotify connect use a connection from Spotify's servers to C4 or does it go through a client (like an iPhone) and therefore remain dependent on the client remaining on the LAN?  One thing I find annoying with Shairbridge/Airplay is that if I start playing to Shairbridge from my phone and then if my phone leaves the LAN it kills the playback.  Does the same thing happen with Spotify?

it should keep playing if the device drops off

58 minutes ago, zaphod said:

Great, thanks.  What about the question regarding persistence of connection of the client that initiated playback.  Is this required with Spotify Connect?

No persistence required. Once playback is started, the phone/tablet is really only acting as a remote control. The stream is between the Control4 controller and Spotify.

• 4 months later...

Hi.   Coming back on the Spotify drivers and apologies if this answered elsewhere.

Can anyone clarify if there is a way to increase the Spotify sound quality (in Kbps) in the same way you can in the app. I looked in the driver to see if I could increase the quality to High as we have fast internet.   But could not see.   

Many thanks in advance 

• 2 years later...
Just now, k3nnis said:

Sorry on another note, can the ea1 be director and 2 x hc250 run under that? Reason I ask is I read everywhere the ea1 can’t be director on a multi controller ?

thanks.

It can. That was a restriction when the ea1 was released but is not anymore

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.