C4 Forums | Control4

Double Press Room Off Button SR260

Shivam Paw

Hi,

Is it possible to make the room off button require a double tap for a specific room? We have a projector (Epson 9300) which when you press power off it makes you press it again before turning off, is it possible to replicate this so it works with the receiver and everything?

Thanks

Hi,
Is it possible to make the room off button require a double tap for a specific room? We have a projector (Epson 9300) which when you press power off it makes you press it again before turning off, is it possible to replicate this so it works with the receiver and everything?
Thanks
Not possible

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

editing the driver is the correct way, alternatively if you dont know how to do that, go to the room in question and when power off command is fired you can just add a delay then another pulse of the off command there
I don't see how editing the driver would achieve this

6 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

I don't see how editing the driver would achieve this

He means that the (suspected) actual PROBLEM is that the projector doesn't turn off.

Which means the the driver could (should) be adapted to send the proper off macro (best).

Alternatively, you could simply set the Epson to not require confirmation on power off (most have it - good)

Lastly, in a pinch, you can program a second power off command to be sent to the projector on room off. (meh, but OK to do). OR you could program agains the room receiving the POWER OFF command (NOT onroom off, on getting the command to power off) to send the projector off code, which would act something like a double press.

Note that I wouldn't be surprised if the driver DOES send it twice or more - BUT Epson and other projectors (even some TVs) have an annoying habit of not responding to IR commands for a few seconds on losing an HDMI signal - in which case the driver's off macro should be adapted to add a delay before sending codes.

One more note - if a true double press for the room is desired, that is NOT impossible to do - but it is fairly involved, and for sure will require access to ComposerPro.

Just now, sonic30101 said:

@Cyknight hit the nail on the head. The second pulse is a bandaid but it should work and be simple for someone new to Composer HE to do. C4 thinks the projector is off so no worries about it getting out of sync once you get the amount if time delay needed to consistently turn the projector off

Just to add - this is assuming the driver uses discrete codes for on and off (it should, but just mentioning it in case)

True, it should. But even if it doesn't. If the projector is on the single pulse from c4 to turn the room on wouldn't turn the projector off. Then turning the room off will turn the projector off and get it all back in sync. Either way editing the driver for an off macro is ideal but not 100% needed. Looking at the factory remote it seems to likely be discrete

https://www.google.com/search?q=epson+9300+remote&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiXquqM18HXAhXL6iYKHVOMA_kQ_AUIEygC&biw=412&bih=718&dpr=2.63#imgrc=oQKqUcfoor1vBM:

There’s actually an IP driver for the projector which is what we are using. 

http://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?q=9300+W

All I really want is that if I press the room off button on the sr-260 I should get the projector pop up for press again to turn off before the room actually turns off and turns off the Onkyo receiver. 

24 minutes ago, Shivam Paw said:

All I really want is that if I press the room off button on the sr-260 I should get the projector pop up for press again to turn off before the room actually turns off and turns off the Onkyo receiver. 

Oh that's all? So yeah, that'll require you to remove every room endpoint you currently have, create virtual endpoints to maintain the available devices, then program power on and off manually.

Possible - but why in the world you'd go those lengths is beyond me.

Oh that's all? So yeah, that'll require you to remove every room endpoint you currently have, create virtual endpoints to maintain the available devices, then program power on and off manually.

Possible - but why in the world you'd go those lengths is beyond me.
Hence my original comment

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I believe my dealer edited the Projector driver o do just this.  When powering off the projector it requires a press, then pause then press again.  This can be done in the driver.  That way when you hit power off it sends the command twice

18 minutes ago, smarch said:

I believe my dealer edited the Projector driver o do just this.  When powering off the projector it requires a press, then pause then press again.  This can be done in the driver.  That way when you hit power off it sends the command twice

He is looking for you to have to double tap the sr260 power off button to turn the projector off for some ungodly strange reason 

I’m confused :P

Is it not normal to have to press the off button on a projector twice (one as confirmation) before it turns off? This helps stop accidents which are painful cuz projectors take a long time to turn off and turn on. 

Am I missing something?

To turn off this project, without a remote requires you to press the power button, wait a second and press it again.  This can be replicated in the ir driver with a macro for power.  No need to double tap the power button on the sr260.  The macro will take care of this, needing you to just press it once.

Archived