C4 Forums | Control4

Speakerpoints not compatible with 2.10

Hello all, 

I had a dissapointing experience when I upgraded a client from 2.9 to 2.10. The speakerpoints showed to be connected and the digital streams didn't work all of a sudden. Spent hours with support for them to tell me it's not compatible with 2.10, even though it's not even documented anywhere. Now i cant go back to 2.9 and I had to force the customer to drop extra $$ on triad one's. They're really pissed and I look like an idiot, thanks C4. 

Hello all, 
I had a dissapointing experience when I upgraded a client from 2.9 to 2.10. The speakerpoints showed to be connected and the digital streams didn't work all of a sudden. Spent hours with support for them to tell me it's not compatible with 2.10, even though it's not even documented anywhere. Now i cant go back to 2.9 and I had to force the customer to drop extra $$ on triad one's. They're really pissed and I look like an idiot, thanks C4. 
Why couldn't you go back?

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, poseidonsystems said:

That's possible? 

1 hour ago, poseidonsystems said:

and I look like an idiot

Sorry man, couldn't help myself. Device Image Updated Tool in the dealer portal will get you sorted. I ran across this a while back with changing OS versions on some v2 panels I snagged really cheap on fleabay

Hello all, 

Are they wired or wireless.

If wired, I.e. There is a cat cable there you can balun an audio signal over from a matrix or controller on half the cat cable. Use the other half for 10/100 control and put it in local mode.

This won't work on WiFi ones.

As my SP is in the rack it gets an RCA from the HC no digital audio bindings and I'm on advanced audio.

Thanks for the quick response, that relieves my mind.  My speakerpoints are all wired and I am currently on 2.9.1 on my controllers with advanced audio turned off. Sounds like I can just stay this way on 2.10 once I go there.  Thanks again!

Jim

Archived