C4 Forums | Control4

how can i run 2 hdtv with HC300 or can I

So then what is the best method of distributing digital audio to 5.1 or 7.1 setups?

Controlfouruserguy' date=' are you currently doing this? So, lets play out the plan I have for my theater.

I am going to run the video/audio from my source (for example we'll say the sony 777) into my matrix switch that handles component video and digital audio. From the matrix switch the component video will go out to my projector and the audio will go out to my receiver. The receiver will then distribute the audio the 7 speakers in my 7.1 setup.

Will the audio and the video arrive at the same time?[/quote']

ILoveC4 - This is exactly what I'm doing to 3 different 5.1 Zones, and I do not have any issues with video/audio sync. The digital audio is being processed by 3 different surround sound receivers for the 3 rooms (2 Yamahas and a Sony). I do not have the surround sound receivers doing any DSP, as this I believe would add in some delay. I'm using the Key Digital KD-MSW8x4Pro switch.

I even have a couple of sources converting from optical digital to coax digital without any delay issues.

This is exactly what I'm doing at a customer (though using a NeoPro Borrego switch), even down to converting some sources from optical to digital coax, and it works like a charm for 4 5.1 zones.

To both you guys streaming multiple digital audio feeds around the house. Through what cable are you doing this? specially wired digital audio cable? cat5 baluns? Could you even do it via RG6 steel core video coax cable???..I have heaps of this unused...

Oh, and to answer your question I was running 4 plasma HDTV's with only one navigator, so it can be done. With only one navigator you just want to make sure that two people will not want to use the navigator interface on the TV at the same time.

My dealer told me this is not prudent as CPU overhead becomes quite large.

^Thanks for your reply. I really was wondering about this as I would only be calling-up one instance of the nav at a time. Yet another reason why I cannot wait until the 7" WiFi hits my doorstep...

There are only two people at our house that use the TV's (my kids are still too little) and we almost never use the on screen GUI. We use the touchpanels for music, and when we want to watch TV we use the SR-250 to call up the appropriate source using the DVR button or the color coded buttons on the remote.

Archived