C4 Forums | Control4

Google Home Support / OR LACK THEREOF

bkrause

and no one needs to prove anything to you, your facts are not facts.  I recommend contacting Control4 directly with your concerns. While some people from control4 visit here this is not an official control4 medium for communication, i recommend contacting them via their website

There is so much more to product integration then "do we feel like integrating that?".  I'm not passing the blame in either direction on this, just pointing out there is so much more to consider and things happening behind the scenes that the average consumer isn't aware of, especially when it comes to privacy and information sharing.  

On 10/18/2018 at 10:38 AM, bkrause said:

@D.adams,

I am getting more and more frustrated.   Last night, I even replied to one of Charlie Kindle 's tweets with a question, as well as sending a DM.   Guess what NO RESPONSE!    I once was a big fan of this company however, they are now losing me fast.

Wow, you asked a public official about information likely covered by insider-trading laws and you got no response....

SHOCKING!!!1!11!!!1

@RyanE,

Thank you for responding, I understand the need for C4 to be careful / secretive on upcoming product launches and or enhancements.  However, C4 can do a much better job of communicating to its ultimate customers.   I believe that C4 could provide better guidance to the customers who actually pay the bills and still maintain pre-launch product secrets.

1 hour ago, bkrause said:

@RyanE,

Thank you for responding, I understand the need for C4 to be careful / secretive on upcoming product launches and or enhancements.  However, C4 can do a much better job of communicating to its ultimate customers.   I believe that C4 could provide better guidance to the customers who actually pay the bills and still maintain pre-launch product secrets.

Yes, Control4 could announce future products. Control4 isn't a retail company, though, so I think you need to temper your expectations with the reality that they operate in a different channel than the companies with big product announcements.

That's NOT what you said you did. You sent a private message to an executive and expected an answer, then expressed your displeasure that he didn't personally respond to you, when that response would likely have broken laws.

@thegreathead,

First, if you would re-read my comment, I stated that I contacted him by replying to one of his tweets as well as sending a direct message.  Even if all he did was acknowledge the message, I would not be as frustrated,   I am not nor do I expect company secrets.  However, as I have stated previously that I do believe that C4 can provide high level or overarching marketing messages without infringing on competitive advantage. 

BTW, prior to making assumptions about insider trading rules violations, you should do some research.  I believe you will find that your comments are unfounded on this matter.,  I will provide a hint, I or nobody ever implied or intended to buy or sell stock on any information.  Further, if Mr. Kindel would would have responded to me publicly, such as a reply tweet, that is deemed as a public release, therefore that information is not subject to insider trading.   

I will not be participating in this thread any longer,  I intended to raise attention to this group about the interface between Google Home and C4.  I find that most of the treads on this forum pertaining to smart home devices are about Alexa.   From my perspective, that is a great exchange of ideas, while I do not use that product a lot of people do and I am sure a very happy with it.   I desire is to merely expand the C4 product in a way that I think will be helpful to the company, the installers, and the users through a great potential market-share.  

However, I have been ridiculed and personally called names by other commentators.  I find this highly unacceptable and frankly well below what I thought was the goal and purpose of this forum.   I hope those offenders are pleased with themselves, because I do not see how they added to the group. 

1 hour ago, bkrause said:

@thegreathead,

First, if you would re-read my comment, I stated that I contacted him by replying to one of his tweets as well as sending a direct message.  Even if all he did was acknowledge the message, I would not be as frustrated,   I am not nor do I expect company secrets.  However, as I have stated previously that I do believe that C4 can provide high level or overarching marketing messages without infringing on competitive advantage. 

BTW, prior to making assumptions about insider trading rules violations, you should do some research.  I believe you will find that your comments are unfounded on this matter.,  I will provide a hint, I or nobody ever implied or intended to buy or sell stock on any information.  Further, if Mr. Kindel would would have responded to me publicly, such as a reply tweet, that is deemed as a public release, therefore that information is not subject to insider trading.   

For what it's worth Charlie Kindle has stated on social media that while he lurks and looks at information/thoughts/ideas he won't chime in much as the VP of products getting involved in those things just isn't scale-able.  It would be awesome if he could respond to all of that stuff but I think expecting him to is a bit unfair as there are hundreds of thousands of C4 users.  This is why Control4 stresses the dealer model as your dealer should be your go-to and you should have direct access to them which is a scale-able model (FYI really not trying to start the dealer model debate with this).

2 hours ago, mstafford388 said:

For what it's worth Charlie Kindle has stated on social media that while he lurks and looks at information/thoughts/ideas he won't chime in much as the VP of products getting involved in those things just isn't scale-able.  It would be awesome if he could respond to all of that stuff but I think expecting him to is a bit unfair as there are hundreds of thousands of C4 users.  This is why Control4 stresses the dealer model as your dealer should be your go-to and you should have direct access to them which is a scale-able model (FYI really not trying to start the dealer model debate with this).

EXACTLY my point. And for someone to state that their opinion of the company is dropping because a tweet wasn't replied to is just silliness. 

• 10 months later...
Just now, poseidonsystems said:

Control4 just announced Google home support this week on version 3.1. 

I think we're all happy now, right? 

Have you been able to get it to work? When I go to the Google Home app on my phone and try to link something, I selected Control4 and put in my credentials. It says "Control4 is Linked" - wheel spins - it says "Something went wrong. Try again.". Over and over. In customer.control4.com I go to Voice Control and see Google. I select "Discover Devices" and it tells me that it's unable to add any devices from Google Assistant and to try later.

I must be missing something.

3 minutes ago, ILoveC4 said:

Have you been able to get it to work? When I go to the Google Home app on my phone and try to link something, I selected Control4 and put in my credentials. It says "Control4 is Linked" - wheel spins - it says "Something went wrong. Try again.". Over and over. In customer.control4.com I go to Voice Control and see Google. I select "Discover Devices" and it tells me that it's unable to add any devices from Google Assistant and to try later.

I must be missing something.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but will do back in the lab when I return.. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.