C4 Forums | Control4

Schlage Door locks

Winn

Is there a control 4 driver that works with the Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt? (BE479 CEN622).  I am specifically looking for a deadbolt that works with control 4 that is black and matches my current entry knobs.  Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated

Is there a control 4 driver that works with the Schlage Sense Smart Deadbolt? (BE479 CEN622).  I am specifically looking for a deadbolt that works with control 4 that is black and matches my current entry knobs.  Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated

If your not getting it from control4 then i wouldn’t count on it.
The unit needs to use the c4 zigbee stack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the Control4 dealer knowledgebase, the only Schlage models which work with Control4 (and this is assuming you have the Z-wave dongle for EA controllers) are the BE468 and BE469.  Perhaps the BE479 works and they just haven't updated the documentation though...

The integration is much more complete if you use the zwave dongle and the native control4 zwave schlage door lock driver. You can manage user codes etc from the c4 app. The Vera door lock integration is not great, as someone else previously commented.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, sonic30101 said:

I have one working in c4 through a vera hub, cant set or see user codes but basic lock unlock and feedback work perfectly

so if you gave your housekeeper the code 1234 and your housekeeper came over and entered the code, could you get a text from C4 that your housekeeper showed up?  if i had to go into the Schalge or Vera app to set up the codes that is fine, but you are saying C4 wil ljust lock/unlock and give status feedback but cannot figure out who entered?

13 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

By zwave dongle i mean the USB zwave dongle that you can buy from control4 as an add-on to any EA series controller. Happy to get you one if you need...PM me for details.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

With this zwave dongle will I have the all the native Control4 functions? Amauch as being able to set user codes from my control 4 app and being able to see who accessed and when? I don’t want to be limited like the guys above are describing with the Vera. 

8 hours ago, Winn said:

With this zwave dongle will I have the all the native Control4 functions? Amauch as being able to set user codes from my control 4 app and being able to see who accessed and when? I don’t want to be limited like the guys above are describing with the Vera. 

The Vera controller shows the ability to send yourself a notification when any or a specific pin code is entered.  To send that status to C4, a scene could be created in the Vera Controller to turn on a Virtual Switch (then off after 5 seconds or so) when a specific or any pin code is entered and pair it with a Micasa relay driver in C4.  A notification can be programmed in C4 when that switch turns on.  

Note... I have not tried this yet but all these options are showing as available in the Vera Controller.

• 3 years later...

as others have said, if its zwave,  control4 has a vera hub driver, and you can pair the lock with the vera and then use the vera hub in control4 to talk to the lock, you wont be able to set codes in c4 but you will be able to control the lock,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.