C4 Forums | Control4

How long should it take to reboot my Control4 controller

Whenever my internet goes out, my Control4 system freezes.  The only way for me to fix is by rebooting the controller by cycling power.  But it takes about 45 minutes after reboot initiation for the system to start working again.  Is it normal for a reboot to take this long?

17 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

that seems really off - something is amiss with your system. Happy to look at it if you like

I think I've been cycling power on the BINARY component versus the actual Control4 controller.  Could that be why the system is so slow to start working again?  This issue happens whenever the internet goes out and back on

Sometimes, internet outage does cause problems when the controller relies on internet based time servers.  There are threads about this on the dealer forum.

you can have your dealer use system manager to change the time setting on the controller running director.

im not looking at it currently, so don’t remember what the settings are called off the top of my head.

11 hours ago, lippavisual said:

Sometimes, internet outage does cause problems when the controller relies on internet based time servers.  There are threads about this on the dealer forum

This. There's some debate if it may depend on some 3rd party drivers requiring authentication causing a system crash.

20 hours ago, lippavisual said:

Sometimes, internet outage does cause problems when the controller relies on internet based time servers.  There are threads about this on the dealer forum.

you can have your dealer use system manager to change the time setting on the controller running director.

im not looking at it currently, so don’t remember what the settings are called off the top of my head.

Thanks-I'll give that a shot

Archived