C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone using the new 7" portable touchscreen yet?

I just barely installed my luxul antenna in my house and with the 7" portable can I say two nice features to have.

How is your Luxul antenna? Just got mine and it doesn't seem to have helped.

what are you using for an ap?

I just barely installed my luxul antenna in my house and with the 7" portable can I say two nice features to have.

Netgear wg102

c4newbie,

Did i misunderstand?

You posted that you have one but it did not work,

then you asked if someone had one to sell?

Did I read wrong?

(full disclosure: when luxul partnered with C4 I won a unit. love it!)

Brent

c4newbie,

Did i misunderstand?

You posted that you have one but it did not work,

then you asked if someone had one to sell?

Did I read wrong?

(full disclosure: when luxul partnered with C4 I won a unit. love it!)

Brent

I have a Luxul that I setup very quickly but am looking for a 7" wifi.

Netgear wg102

Never used a netgear.

Have you tried moving locations with the luxul?

I am currently running a pakedge - which is over kill!!! :)

The pakedge supplies enough power as a stand alone unit so using the luxul piece just kills everyone... which helps me!!

Also' date=' the iPhone will turn off it's wifi when asleep to save battery power, losing your connection to the director. That can be frustrating sometimes.[/quote']

It is frustrating - I also have it kick out of the app after about 5 minutes of use - not sure why?

Now I see it is only when using Rhapsody that mine kicks me out to the first screen - I then have to sign back into C4??? Played with my music on the hard drive last night without any issues.

Also' date=' the iPhone will turn off it's wifi when asleep to save battery power, losing your connection to the director. That can be frustrating sometimes.[/quote']

It is frustrating - I also have it kick out of the app after about 5 minutes of use - not sure why?

Now I see it is only when using Rhapsody that mine kicks me out to the first screen - I then have to sign back into C4??? Played with my music on the hard drive last night without any issues.

Hmm good point, we were using Rhapsody too but didnt think that it was specific to Rhapsody. Cant say that we tried the MP3 music to compare because the customer was pretty excited about Rhapsody, they were on 1.3.2 until recently. :)

Very frustrating. But, I also think there's an issue with the ControlUI app not automatically re-establishing the wifi connection. I have to hit 'Connect' a couple of times before I have control of my system again. I originally thought this was an iPhone issue, but the Sonos iPhone app will automatically reconnect to wifi after the iPhone comes out of sleep mode.

Something posted on the dealer forums that I hadn't thought of yet.

Check to see if your iphone is getting a DHCP-assigned ip address from your wireless access point. If so, setting your phone to a static IP address on the network may reduce the amount of time needed to reconnect. Some reports have it as 2 seconds, max.

Archived