C4 Forums | Control4

Infinity Edge Lives!

26 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

just a guess, but something is causing your controller to lockup  which in term is causing your TS to lockup.  Watch your controller when the screens lock up and i bet you will see CPU spikes...

Nope, it isn't going above 20% CPU at freeze...good thought though, looking for issues at the controller level instead of the TS itself.  Do you have any thoughts on what would be the best logs to look for anything in that would relate to the touchscreen?

For this test, it doesn't lockup if there is no music stream to the room, if I do a SIrius XM stream (native), it freezes within a few minutes...

EDIT: this time it locked before the song even changed, so nothing was even dynamic in the room before it locked, CRAZY.

2 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

That is weird... My T3s have been rocksolid for years (first with an HC800 then an EA5 and now a CA10). If both are an issue, I agree with MS, it sounds like something other than he touchscreen (network or controller)...

My experience exactly.

My only complaint with my T3's was how long they took to boot up after a restart / update (which I do a lot due to development and internal betas), and that's gotten a *lot* better with the CA10.

RyanE

42 minutes ago, RyanE said:

My experience exactly.

My only complaint with my T3's was how long they took to boot up after a restart / update (which I do a lot due to development and internal betas), and that's gotten a *lot* better with the CA10.

RyanE

This! Refreshing navigators used to irritate me but not with the CA10!

4 hours ago, eggzlot said:

I have Cisco sg300s on my touchscreens.  Both t3 and the model prior.  No issues on my end with freezes, power issues etc 

Did you do anything special on port settings, etc to dumb them down?  I got them initially because I got a decent deal on them and I was still thinking I might do Just Add Power.  Had them for probably 7-8 years and the first time I've ever had this type of issue.

Everything obvious I've tried hasn't helped.  Will be digging into logs as well.

3 hours ago, turls said:

Did you do anything special on port settings, etc to dumb them down?  I got them initially because I got a decent deal on them and I was still thinking I might do Just Add Power.  Had them for probably 7-8 years and the first time I've ever had this type of issue.

Everything obvious I've tried hasn't helped.  Will be digging into logs as well.

I may have assigned them power priority.  Are you near the cap on how much power it can output?  It’s PoE but has a watt limit 

mad far as dumbing down I did turn off a few features.  If I can find it I’ll repost it. 

33 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

I may have assigned them power priority.  Are you near the cap on how much power it can output?  It’s PoE but has a watt limit 

mad far as dumbing down I did turn off a few features.  If I can find it I’ll repost it. 

Nowhere near a limit.

I said earlier I had a TS lockup before the song even changed so there wasn't dynamic content, but that isn't really true.  During songs there is scrolling activity on the touchscreens for song info.  I've also had them lockup in the middle of a menu redraw while interacting with them.  I wonder if the HC800 doesn't really have the power to deal with screen redraws on an Android device?  I'm assuming that UI programming would be completely different in Flash vs Android.  You'd think the device would be robust enough to deal with something related to delayed response from the controller but maybe not...

To go along with this, on the room with a TS that has a lot more video than audio, I think the display of video information that typically only changes once in a while or when channels are changed, would put a lot less stress on the controller.

Side note: I disabled the ports that have Infinity Edge on them, which was the majority of my PoE use.  So now those ports aren't drawing power, and that didn't make any difference.

I captured a Director log at trace level during a freeze but it doesn't tell me anything.  Maybe support will see something.

• 2 months later...

Update: Control4 did an RMA and both new touchscreens are flawless and have never locked up.  Bizarre.  I would have suspected defective equipment from the start except both units had the same issues and if I had seen anyone with similar problems on here.

33 minutes ago, turls said:

Update: Control4 did an RMA and both new touchscreens are flawless and have never locked up.  Bizarre.  I would have suspected defective equipment from the start except both units had the same issues and if I had seen anyone with similar problems on here.

That *is* weird.

RyanE

After the update to OS3 we have a couple of touchscreens that freeze up 

Normally after been left off the power for a while 

Played about with the Network and that for the most as stopped them freezing up. 

All on WiFI and all portable T3  we have 4 running via a HC800

Its like they are not fully charged and need to re connect to the wifi causes the freezing 

It is strange  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.