C4 Forums | Control4

Roku TV and Blackwire driver

adam333

Hey guys have a 55inch TCL TV with wifi connection.  The Blackwire driver works great, but if the tv sits with the power off for a couple hours the wifi connection drops...so that the driver can not connect to the TCL TV.  Have updated firmware on the tv.

Anyone ever hear of this?

30 minutes ago, HTI Customs said:

One other thing to consider is just for good measure. Under settings/power settings/ ensure that auto power saving is off. There are 2 options under this selection. Reduce power after 15 minutes and turn off after 4 hrs. Make sure both are unchecked

Will try this tonight, thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have two Sharp Roku TV's in a project using the Blackwire IP driver.  Sharp LC-50LB481U, Roku Model Number 5318X.  They are connected via wifi as this model doesn't have an ethernet port.  Wifi is consistently strong.

Both TV's drop off the C4 network after a few days of being set up, and the only way to get them back is to delete the driver and reinstall, reidentify etc.  This was happening in Roku OS 9.1, and is still happening in 9.2 after the update.  I've just set them up again, and they are currently working, except that I can't power the TV's on via C4 anymore.  I have control once they are powered on via the Roku remote, but I expect that they will drop off the C4 network again at some point in the next few days.

In C4 properties, the field 'Is Roku TV' is showing as True, but the field 'TV is supported' is showing as False.  I'm wondering whether this driver doesn't fully support this Sharp model, and hence the problem.  The inability to power on from standby seems like it could have been introduced with the Roku 9.2 update, but I can't be certain.

All power settings are correct on both TV's (fast start, no auto off etc.) and there's no CEC control getting in the way.  These are standalone TV's in kids rooms with no other connections or complications.  Both TV's are the video and audio endpoints for the room etc etc.

Anyone seen this model/these problems before ?

The is supported is a property from the Roku that we are pulling if the device supports wWOL. Make sure Reduce power after 15 minutes is also disabled. This is important with WiFi only connection.

Turn off room wait that full 15 minutes and then a few more. If the device is unreachable unresponsive then most likely the wireless nic is powering down and you will not b able to use our driver with that particular tv

I've done that.  Something must have changed recently (gotta suspect 9.2), because the TV won't come back from standby even if I attempt to power it back on immediately after it goes into standby.  

Curious thing is that once the driver loses sight of the Roku TV, I can't get it to see any Discovered Rokus on the network.  The action 'Select Roku' has no effect, even to reveal other Roku players in the house that are currently connected and playing (there are a mixture of Roku 7 TV's and players in the project).  Is that normal behaviour for this driver ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.