C4 Forums | Control4

A better way to navigate digital movies.

It sounds like a few companies are on the verge of making this happen and it could be a feature that we can all soon enjoy. If I read this correctly Caavo and JustWatch are getting there with a multi platform search feature that would allow a user to use one interface to search Amazon, Hulu, Vudu, Prime, (maybe?) Disney but so far maybe not Plex. Even if they have not added all of those services or platforms yet I think the infrastructure exists where in a few years we could have a solution that integrates with C4.

I may have misunderstood but I think JustWatch only syncs a persons 'favorites' or 'saved' to watch content?? Ideally it would also allow a single interface for all of the owned digital movies across the various platforms including Vudu, Prime, Plex, etc. as well as monthly service products such as Netflix, Hulu and Disney+.

I am not sure that Justwatch syncs your watched status or faves, I think it just let's you find which service has a specific TV show or movie, and it also suggests content that you may like based off of some shows/movies that you tell it that you like. 

Let's say I want to watch Top Gun.  It tells me that I can stream it on Amazon Prime Video or Rent it on Apple, Google, etc

And it is suggesting that I might enjoy Fast Times at Ridgemont High which is available on the Crave Starz service that I subscribe to, or I can buy it for C$4.99 on a Apple, Google Play, etc.

• 1 month later...
Have you tried   https://www.justwatch.com/us

Nice. Have you tried this@SMHarman ? I’ve been playing around with it. Is there any integration? Haven’t dug that deep yet.

Has anyone tried the Cavvo and is there integration. I need a switch right now and it seems cheap enough to use as a simple switch even before the other benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.