C4 Forums | Control4

Door Station 2 [emoji52][emoji52][emoji52]

cg@asu

I have DS2. I am not happy with it at all. Sound quality sucks, now no one can hear me when I answer the doorbell through Intercom Anywhere. Not the greatest video either I have plenty of lights by my front door too. I am looking for recommendations for a video doorbell that allows me to adjust video quality, sound level and motion distance. Clear night vision is a plus as well. I’m not into calling tech company to make adjustments all the time. I want to be able to do it myself. I don’t have that with DS2. I had a Ring video doorbell in my other home and outside of charging the battery every 6-8 months I thought it was pretty good. I just wanted something to integrate with my C4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you could go with a Ring Elite - that would use the POE line already ran for the DS2 and wouldn't require batteries.  The integration is limited, you can trigger events in c4 but you can't integrate video or use intercom anywhere.

If you buy the Ring Elite from me (or any other Blackwire based distributor) the $100 ring driver is included

2n Helios is an option

Its expensive like the DS2 but you can configure it.  I mean I think you can configure the DS2 without a tech if you have Composer HE, but I have a 2n device and I have 100% control over it.  If you want a lot of options, look at Holovision - they offer a SIP kit with 2n Helios so it works within C4, and then you can use a Holovision face plate + camera.  They have tons of different types, some with built in IR's for better night vision, cameras that swivel, etc.

The irony (and slew of rant posts from me on this) is that the DS2 is capable of this and much much more. It is for some unknown reason to man kind, that C4 insist that they will revert back to default any config you do via the web interface to the ds2. 

I have been doing a number of seriously cool configs and have researched the amount of 2N (manufacturer) modules etc for the door station we have. There are so many plug and pray modules from rfid, proximity Bluetooth for user access control to even pressure sensor pads for gate opening all of which, you can buy, connect and configure via the web interface ——- until the sync happens between C4 and the door station. It then reverts back to an expensive PoS.
You even have different choices of camera qualities as a plug and pray module into the door station. The setting for the camera exposure, motion capture etc is actually on the door stations web interface, just doesn't last past the sync between C4 and ds2 once configured (I had the same issue with light exposure from outside lights) 

The situation is so incredibly stupid from C4 I am almost finished with some linux code to block the sync between C4 and DS2 (happens once to d the config so you can get intercom etc then block the coms that does they sync). Then i can actually use he ds2 full capability and not be limited by C4 to 1% of the ds2 capability. 

Ok rant over as I know you feel the same pain. @msgreenf answer is most probably your best bet with Ring ..... the integration is not great but for now we at the mercy of one of the poorest design decisions by C4 since the inception of the system. 

I have to tell you that I enjoy my DS2 Mini. I haven’t had any of these sync issues...at least not that I’ve realized. I’d be curious to know what you guys are changing and what it reverts back to, so I can do some testing and see if I experience the same thing. 

I have to tell you that I enjoy my DS2 Mini. I haven’t had any of these sync issues...at least not that I’ve realized. I’d be curious to know what you guys are changing and what it reverts back to, so I can do some testing and see if I experience the same thing. 

Simple two tests:

Log on to the web interface go to address book:

1. Create a user, save picture for the user
2. Add use to an address book or address book position.

Wait for some time or just open composer and select the driver (this forces a read of properties and write / sync back)

Presto everything gets reset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, ILoveControl said:

Simple two tests:

Log on to the web interface go to address book:

1. Create a user, save picture for the user
2. Add use to an address book or address book position.

Wait for some time or just open composer and select the driver (this forces a read of properties and write / sync back)

Presto everything gets reset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why would I create a user and add a photo? I have the DS2 Mini. I’m happy to try it as a test, but I can’t imagine why I’d do that. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.