C4 Forums | Control4

Is It Possible To Use The Same Word In Voice Scenes To Do Different Things

2 hours ago, mellie said:

I was also wondering this.  We have a U by Moen Shower that we turn on with Alexa to different scenes based on husband/wife settings.  My husband would also like to listen to Sirius XM 80s on 8 when he takes a shower.  So I wondered if the Alexa only voice command (within Alexa only) to turn on shower to his settings could also be the C4 voice command to turn on 80s on 8.  NOt sure if we didn't do it right or if it didn't work.  We could do two voice commands, but with C4....WHY?

Any ideas?

You should be able to do that by setting up an Alexa 'routine' in the Alexa app.

On 1/30/2020 at 1:19 PM, Baubas Cat said:

The link I found from digital trends with pricing was quite old (2016). Maybe you could post the current prices?

Since Josh.ai pricing isn't posted on their website, I'm sure I am not really authorized to post their pricing publicly. Its possible, pricing varies per territory or country as well.  However, they give their dealers full autonomy in pricing to the end users. I will say, my full unlimited license sells for $1200 annually which isn't very expensive when you look at the support you get. Roll that into the annual service contract you provide the client and you have a pretty maintenance free scenario. Obviously, the pricing is cheaper when grouped into longer periods or smaller projects.

• 3 weeks later...

Since Alexa and Moen are speaking to each other to create the action of turning on your shower (C4 has nothing to do with it) simply create a Trigger in C4 that is identical to what you use to turn on your Husband's shower and program within c4 that trigger to play sirius xm channel 8 in bathroom.  That would be my simplistic way to do it.

On 2/17/2020 at 8:34 PM, Ajbarrister said:

Since Alexa and Moen are speaking to each other to create the action of turning on your shower (C4 has nothing to do with it) simply create a Trigger in C4 that is identical to what you use to turn on your Husband's shower and program within c4 that trigger to play sirius xm channel 8 in bathroom.  That would be my simplistic way to do it.

Anyone ever try to get C4 to do an announcement in a room and have that announcement activate alexa for something like this? Not perfect but maybe an option?

14 minutes ago, Neo1738 said:

Anyone ever try to get C4 to do an announcement in a room and have that announcement activate alexa for something like this? Not perfect but maybe an option?

I did that a few years ago and got it working... but very slow and annoying for anyone in the given room...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.