C4 Forums | Control4

Ecobee Linking Issue

DLite

Question

At some point today, my Ecobee network driver became unlinked to C4.  When I click "Get PIN" -- either in composer or on a touchscreen -- there is no response.  The LUA output shows, "Access denied | www.ecobee.com used Cloudflare to restrict access."

I checked status.ecobee.com, and everything shows up as operational.

Is anybody else experiencing this issue today?

Thanks

The most recent one I found (3/31/2020) "Ecobee Thermostats Fall Offline - Access Denied" states that this was fixed with Version 13 of the Ecobee Network driver, and Version 2 of the Ecobee Thermostat driver.  I'm now on Version 15, and Version 3, and the problem still occurs.

If there's a more recent article, I was unable to find it.

It stated:

On March 26, 2020, we learned from social media that Ecobee had blocked Control4 integration with their devices.

With guidance from Ecobee, Control4 updated the Ecobee Network driver and released the new version (v13) to the online driver database on March 27, 2020. This driver was automatically pushed to many customer systems, so customers can now re-connect to the Ecobee cloud from a touch screen or mobile app.

Reading the article, one would conclude that this problem has been fully resolved, with no mention of ongoing issues.  But the reality is that at least some Ecobee Thermostats may continue to disconnect despite having the most up-to-date drivers.  Whether this is caused by the same problem addressed in the article, or a different one, I have no idea.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one, but my Ecobee 3 Thermostat continues to go offline every couple of weeks or so.

What makes it even more frustrating is that it takes 3 or 4 tries in the Ecobee App to remove the Control4 connection before it 'sticks.'  No idea why that's the case.  I then get another PIN code and it will quickly reconnect, but this is frustrating.

On 6/11/2020 at 1:18 PM, Don Cohen said:

I'm guessing I'm not the only one, but my Ecobee 3 Thermostat continues to go offline every couple of weeks or so.

What makes it even more frustrating is that it takes 3 or 4 tries in the Ecobee App to remove the Control4 connection before it 'sticks.'  No idea why that's the case.  I then get another PIN code and it will quickly reconnect, but this is frustrating.

Yeah, as much as I love my Ecobees when they work, I share your frustration.  Fell off again last night and I had to relink.  Had to do the same last week.  It's been a pretty rough couple of months.

The Ecobees are so versatile that I have automated the heck out of them, but that makes it even more maddening and inconvenient when they keep getting unlinked.

Having same issues but no success in linking.

Ecobee account shows linked on C4 app.

The My Apps on Ecobee account states " view and change data settings on your ecobee thermostat"

No idea of what that means, any ideas please

Thanks

9 minutes ago, prabeau said:

Having same issues but no success in linking.

Ecobee account shows linked on C4 app.

The My Apps on Ecobee account states " view and change data settings on your ecobee thermostat"

No idea of what that means, any ideas please

Thanks

Mine just dropped off again as well.

In the Ecobee App, go to the settings and "Get PIN".  Then log into your Ecobee account in a browser, go to Settings...My Apps...Add Application...  and then enter the PIN Code there to add the device.

This time I didn't try to remove the Control4 App, and just added the code to 'overinstall' it, and it worked.  Quicker and simpler than before, but at least

The problem is that I am showing linked in C4 but that is false. No control of ecobee from C4.

Removed the My apps C4  on ecobee account now cant generate code.

Love this thermostat but it does not work with C4, and when it does its only for a short time.

Thanks

I get pin went to ecobee my account MY Apps put in code validated. Composer .... "waiting for user user to authorize application "

This isn a ridiculous loop.

Ok got it done. Uninstalled left it alone for most of day. Successful late afternoon.

You have added the following application that can access your ecobee

You have added the following application that c-Corp

Developed by Control4

This application requires the following permissions:

• View and change data and settings on your ecobee thermostat(s)
Control4-Corp

Developed by Control4

how do I view and change data and setting?

This application requires the following permissions:

• View and change data and settings on your ecobee thermostat(s)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.