C4 Forums | Control4

Lighting solution for bathrooms

All,

So I'm wondering what the consensus is for rooms like the bathrooms in bedrooms. We have four bedrooms that will have their own bathrooms. We are not using C4 lighting in these bathrooms. Lighting plan now calls for a light above vanity, a main 23light, the bath fan, and then a light in the shower. So this is technically 4 switches/dimmers. Also, I always wanted to use one of those motion detecting lights in these rooms that would automatically shut off if no motion was detected. So, ideally, is there is a switch that has multiple buttons for multiple loads and is also motion activated for the main load? Or at least is there a multi button switch for multiple loads without the motion? I know that most multi button switches are for systems like C4, but just wondering if there is one made that can actually be wired to multiple loads. Thanks

23 minutes ago, JSTRONG said:

Nope. Not that control4 has anyway. You can use a keypad with multiple buttons and connect them to control other lights dimmer. 

Yes, I know C4 doesn’t. But as stated, we are not doing C4 in these rooms. Wondering if Lutron, Leviton, etc. have something. I know Ai can get it down to a two gang with some double load dimmers, but just wondering if I can get it to a single gang. 

I have been happy with a simple sensor/timer switch from HD for the shower fan. I set it to stay on an extra 15 minutes after we’re done to make sure it’s dry and it’s super simple. Used a decora switch for the shower light.

Sensor got thrown off by my glass shower door so still got a C4 dimmer for the walk-in closet and keypad dimmer for vanity light that also controls bathroom ceiling speakers.

Interested to see what others do and wish there was a multi-load solution.

In my bathrooms we have some similar and I just did C4 lighting. I haven't done much with motion yet, but that's my next thing to tackle. Trying to figure out the most cost effective solution for pantries and things like that. I'm thinking it will probably be Hue.

In room where it works (laundry room in my house, for example) I use a Lutron switch with built In motion sensor. For those to work though, it really needs to be a room that is only entered/exited from one door, isn't very large and the switch is mounted in such a way that traffic outside the room won't trip the sensor. They also need to be rooms where you want the light on or off...not dimmed to various levels depending on ambient light, etc...

2 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

In C4 Nyce ceiling sensor or use a security system (or direct wire to a controller if possible).

As for a (basic) switch that is both motion AND multi-button...can;t say I've seen one.

How large, how long is the battery life and what is the cost of the NYCE ceiling mount motion? Been waiting for Axxess to release their battery powered ceiling motion.

Where can these NYCE sensor be purchased?

Nyce through dealers as usual. (Amazone version, ie ending with "HA" are not compatible

Battery will of course depend on lot on traffic, but I've never had to replace one, and the oldest one I have is from when they were first released...

Several years at least.

2 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Nyce through dealers as usual. (Amazone version, ie ending with "HA" are not compatible

Battery will of course depend on lot on traffic, but I've never had to replace one, and the oldest one I have is from when they were first released...

Several years at least.

That's fantastic. I realize the -HA ones aren't compatible.

If anyone wants to send me a quote on these I'm in the market.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.