C4 Forums | Control4

Can Alexa Remote control Denon Receiver?

Was wondering if my alexa remote can control my Denon receiver volume. Issue is the denon and fire stick are in my basement and the remote is for the tv on the first floor. No problem or delay with controlling the fire stick.

TIA

Here is a list of Denon compatible receivers with Alexa skill built in, you could also create an Alexa voice skill if your Denon is IP controlled with discrete volume regardless of the list below:

Denon AV Receivers (AVR)

• AVR-X8500H
  • AVR-X6500H
  • AVR-X6400H
  • AVR-X6300H
  • AVR-X4500H
  • AVR-X4400H
  • AVR-X4300H
  • AVR-X3500H
  • AVR-X3400H
  • AVR-X2500H
  • AVR-X2400H
  • AVR-X1500H
  • AVR-X1400H
  • AVR-X950H
  • AVR-S940H
  • AVR-S930H
  • AVR-S740H
  • AVR-S730H
  • AVR-S640H   

So I have the Denon AVR-2313CI and thats not on your list. Even if it were to work with the alexa skill, would the remote work? RIght now I have to use the 250 to work the volume. Even though the 250 controls the alexa, there is a definite delay which is why I use the Alexa Remote. Looking for an easy solution to get rid of 2 remotes.

Is your Denon being controlled with IR sensor or over IP network by Control4. Does the Denon have a little IR bug emitter stuck over its remote sensor?  If it is IP controlled, not IR, you can use Alexa with Control4 to operate that rooms volume up, down, mute etc. you could also create a voice skill in programming like “Alexa set theater to standby”, switches volume to discrete 15% and plays classical music etc 

This needs to be done by your programmer of course. 

Was wondering if my alexa remote can control my Denon receiver volume. Issue is the denon and fire stick are in my basement and the remote is for the tv on the first floor. No problem or delay with controlling the fire stick.
TIA
So I have the Denon AVR-2313CI and thats not on your list. Even if it were to work with the alexa skill, would the remote work? RIght now I have to use the 250 to work the volume. Even though the 250 controls the alexa, there is a definite delay which is why I use the Alexa Remote. Looking for an easy solution to get rid of 2 remotes.

By Alexa remote do you mean the SR250?

You are on the C4 forum so the Denon has a C4 driver that should be installed and then the SR250 can control it.

Once the C4 system and SR250 can control it then you can use the C4 Alexa skills to control the Denon.

29 minutes ago, SMHarman said:

By Alexa remote do you mean the SR250?

You are on the C4 forum so the Denon has a C4 driver that should be installed and then the SR250 can control it.

Once the C4 system and SR250 can control it then you can use the C4 Alexa skills to control the Denon.

No. I can control it with the 250. I meant with the actual Alexa remote. 

No. I can control it with the 250. I meant with the actual Alexa remote. 

What is an "alexa remote".  

This...

Alexa Voice Remote (2nd Gen) with power and volume controls – requires compatible Fire TV device

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B6L2QCF/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_EZqJEbHY91FM2

If so, why are you controlling stuff with your SR250 and another remote something is fundamentally broken in that scenario.

Fix C4. Use Alexa Voice and the SR250

Sorry maybe I’m not clear. The fire stick is plugged into my rack in the basement. It comes with its own fire stick remote with voice control. The fire stick and denon are controlled with the 250 but there’s a definite delay in controlling the Fire stick. So for immediate response I use the fire stick remote since there’s no delay. I just can’t control the denon volume with it. If I don’t mind the delay the 250 controls everything but the kids hate the delay. 

1 minute ago, Nehsmit said:

There is none for the denon but using the 250 for the fire stick has a definite delay. That’s the problem. 

That is a known problem with the OEM C4 driver for Amazon Fire it has a slight delay on some systems. There is a third party IRUSB driver that has zero lag along with the required IRUSB hardware, the driver and hardware are paid along with programming time. 

Sorry maybe I’m not clear. The fire stick is plugged into my rack in the basement. It comes with its own fire stick remote with voice control. The fire stick and denon are controlled with the 250 but there’s a definite delay in controlling the Fire stick. So for immediate response I use the fire stick remote since there’s no delay. I just can’t control the denon volume with it. If I don’t mind the delay the 250 controls everything but the kids hate the delay. 
Why not switch to a Roku stick?

9 hours ago, SMHarman said:
10 hours ago, Nehsmit said:

Why not switch to a Roku stick?

Is there no known delay between C4 and the Roku stick?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.