C4 Forums | Control4

How to incorporate C4 remote actions to keypad color change?

Hi, in reference to my 6 button keypad post below, I was wondering if there is a way for me to do, via HE, keypad color changes based on remote button presses?

For example, if I press Room Off on my remote, can that make all 6 buttons on the keypad return to the 'off' color state?

And, if I use the remote to switch to a video source, can that make all 6 buttons on the keypad return to the 'off' color state (all 6 buttons are currently programmed to play Sonos favorites, so when I switch to a video source using the remote, I would want the colors on the buttons to reflect that by returning to the 'off' state)

Or, does this programming require some kind of binding that only my dealer can do?

Thanks

Hi 

you can do it via programming 

what to do is 

go to the programming section

When room off is pressed 

Set LED on keypad to off colour 

When video selection changes 

Set LED on Keypad to off colour 

Thats very basic 

(doing this on my phone hope it makes sense)

Hope that helps you 

Thanks 

M

5 hours ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

When video selection changes 

Set LED on Keypad to off colour 

I don't believe this is quite right.  If you are watching a video source and then switch to music, the video selection change event will trigger and cause the keypad LEDs to turn off, which is not what you want.

I suggest installing the Room control driver and using the event "Entered Watch Mode".

What about using room control driver? I am new to c4. Literally finished the 4 day class yesterday lol but they taught us in class that room control is the best way to go

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, nwanerka said:

What about using room control driver? I am new to c4. Literally finished the 4 day class yesterday lol but they taught us in class that room control is the best way to go

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Not sure what driver that is and also not sure if I have that installed in my project already

Was trying to do this without having to get my dealer involved as it would be low priority for him

I ended up just going into my project and making the changes on my own by finding the most common ways we turn on video sources and for each of those, I added several lines of command that would make sure that all the keypad button LEDs would toggle to the 'off' state

We don't really use the remote to turn on audio sources, so I didn't have to worry about doing the same for that

In retrospect, I think a macro would've helped make this less tedious to do, but I just thought of that right now and, also, I don't know how to program macros and/or whether it's possible within HE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.