C4 Forums | Control4

Clare Smart Security System

I did in another thread. Thw clareone panel is amazing. It is very easy to integrate into clareone and it makes adding a security system to a customer's house a breeze. Clare controls and the clareone panel is the only choice that my company now uses

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys

I tried out the Clareone

it works nice for a wireless type system.
(I tried out the wired zone expander as well)

in the past we did Interlogix NX8 Panel Systems , but now they are shutting down.

looking for a hard wired type system that works well with C4.

• 2 years later...

I have and sell many Clare panels. You 100% can use door and motion sensors to program against in control4. I have every motion and every door sensor working to turn on lights etc. I love the integration. It’s now owned by snap which is even better. And a very good price for what you can do. It has a hardwire add on too that can take your old wired sensors and integrate. 

jeff

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 11:40 AM, Jeffrobinson1327 said:

I have and sell many Clare panels. You 100% can use door and motion sensors to program against in control4. I have every motion and every door sensor working to turn on lights etc. I love the integration. It’s now owned by snap which is even better. And a very good price for what you can do. It has a hardwire add on too that can take your old wired sensors and integrate. 

jeff

Was at a friend's house and he has Clare but has no options to program. His dealer told him no they are thinking about it but can't be done right now. Did they use the wrong driver?

Not sure what driver they used, but i have Clare recessed door sensors that turn on garage lights, exterior lights, patio lights when opened.  I have Clare ceiling mount motion sensors turn on mud lights, kitchen lights, closet lights.  Easy add, just bind the sensor to a control4 "sensor" of choice and program.  Takes a few seconds.  I had the clare panel all set up and the sensors named prior to adding the driver to my system.  when it was added, all the sensors came up in composer pro as they are named on the clare side.  only ones i don't see are the water sensors, that might be a different story or more exploring to get to work.

Jeff

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.