C4 Forums | Control4

Heat & Glo

Olichops

7 hours ago, Olichops said:

I asked about that on my build a year ago. Did not have one. Is the Wifi module thru Heat n Glo and who does the driver?

Yeah, it's through Heat n Glo, the part number is IFT-WFM.  You can read about it here:

https://downloads.hearthnhome.com/Brochures/HNG-1168U_IFA-brochure.pdf

Once my build is done, I'm just gonna snoop the app and figure out what it's sending.  Or just use the Alexa integration that's already there.

• 2 years later...

generally a fireplace is controlled via relays as it's the most reliable (basically failure proof) - that said any fireplace with RF can be controlled via a bond bridge.

In both cases control is limited to on/off and maybe some up/down settings if the fireplace supports it.

The only other option might be Escea fireplaces, as they just started selling in NA (and there's been a chowmain driver for awhile) - don't know how available they are though

Here are the fireplace drivers we have

We also had developed one for the DaVinci fireplaces however we removed it from our website due to the manufacturer not supporting the integration.

As @Cyknight mentions certain fireplaces that are controlled by RF can be controlled via our Bond Bridge driver - https://chowmain.software/drivers/control4-rinnai-ls-fireplace

13 hours ago, Cyknight said:

generally a fireplace is controlled via relays as it's the most reliable (basically failure proof) - that said any fireplace with RF can be controlled via a bond bridge.

In both cases control is limited to on/off and maybe some up/down settings if the fireplace supports it.

The only other option might be Escea fireplaces, as they just started selling in NA (and there's been a chowmain driver for awhile) - don't know how available they are though

IMO it is so annoying that these manufacturers don't put smart capabilities into their products.  How hard/expensive is it to put a Shelly or similar device into the fireplace control unit?  The increase in variable cost is pretty tiny.

3 hours ago, zaphod said:

IMO it is so annoying that these manufacturers don't put smart capabilities into their products

Smart capability is one thing. The cost of adding it is minimal, the problem is that their cost to SUPPORT it is what prevents them from doing it. In a market that is over saturated with cheap options, it's not going to be worthwhile for them to add ANY cost.

What annoys me is that they so often use proprietary controls. If they simply used a standard (ie command frequency) IR and/or RF capable receiver on a fireplace with standard commands available (and add whatever 'weird' commands they want in addition for their own for their special remote) - think on/off for heat, fan, light, level sets for each 25% for those and a colour toggle for e-fire places....  then integration could advance in leap and bounds.

Heck I'd be happy if gas fireplace would just work with a standard thermostat......

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.