C4 Forums | Control4

LU642 & PS5 4K not working

Hello, 

We have a 6x6 LU642 and have our PS5 connected through Matrix and can't get 4K to pass through? We directed connected the PS5 to TV to make sure it wasn't the TV and 4K works find but when we put it into the rack and run it through the Matrix the best we get to 1080p. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Eeeeeeh, the LU series most certainly DO support HDR, and at 1080p it'll do it at 60Hz and it does do 4K@60Hz - but indeed on 4K HDR it'll be limited to 30Hz.

I do believe the PS5 has that option for HDR available.

Keep in mind though that if there are non 4K TVs on the switch, you'll need to either force the PS5 to do 4K (and not be available elsewhere) or use zone locking.

1 hour ago, JSTRONG said:

Ok i see it now at the bottom I put my glasses on

4khdr 30 4:4:4 is supported 

50 - 4:4:2

60- 4:2:0

Are you reading the document you linked? At the 'bottom' there is NO mention of HDR to begin with as it's not a resolution to begin with and the bottom just lists resolutions.

But where I pointed to:

image.png.ef934b57b5b570d65539bdf2c3e7df12.png

Easy there mister knight. Don’t get so excited. We know it supports hdr. It was the resolution I was asking about. I have a Kaleidescape and it doesn’t support the full 4:4:4 at 60 

Well I’m off to a tropical island 8 day vacation. Aloha 

• 3 months later...

So here is the part I’m still trying to figure out......

I can get a Apple TV & Roku 4 to both pass 3840x2160 60hz (non HDR) through the HDMI matrix but can’t get PS5 to pass anything higher than 1080p. Note when getting roku to do 60hz I had to force the output as auto detect settings would only do 30hz. I can plug the PS5 directly into the TV and get 2160p 60hz. 🤷🏻‍♂️

16 hours ago, grant0830 said:

So here is the part I’m still trying to figure out......

I can get a Apple TV & Roku 4 to both pass 3840x2160 60hz (non HDR) through the HDMI matrix but can’t get PS5 to pass anything higher than 1080p. Note when getting roku to do 60hz I had to force the output as auto detect settings would only do 30hz. I can plug the PS5 directly into the TV and get 2160p 60hz. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Honestly not many times you would want to split a PS5 connection anyway. Maybe HDMI splitter put 1 out into the tv direct for gaming and another to the matrix for those that want to watch somewhere else? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.