C4 Forums | Control4

Layout of T3 screensaver

Recently, I noticed that the "custom" screensaver on all of my T3's is no longer vertically aligned on the screen:

image.thumb.png.7ba1c215b54cbf7c3a5d77001ce35fee.png

The temp/date/time all used to be vertically aligned.  Now you can see that it's not - the time/date/temp need to be dropped down a bit.  I know this is a minor nit, but my wife noticed too.  Has anyone else noticed this?

I also have a T3 who is stuck displaying the indoor temperature instead of the outdoor temperature for some reason (no changes were made, still on 3.2.2).  I have heard others with this issue.  It's annoying because it's the T3 in my bedroom and I look at it every morning to see how cold it is.  Restarts haven't helped either problem.

Anybody else seeing these issues?

2 hours ago, LollerAgent said:

Recently, I noticed that the "custom" screensaver on all of my T3's is no longer vertically aligned on the screen:

image.thumb.png.7ba1c215b54cbf7c3a5d77001ce35fee.png

The temp/date/time all used to be vertically aligned.  Now you can see that it's not - the time/date/temp need to be dropped down a bit.  I know this is a minor nit, but my wife noticed too.  Has anyone else noticed this?

I also have a T3 who is stuck displaying the indoor temperature instead of the outdoor temperature for some reason (no changes were made, still on 3.2.2).  I have heard others with this issue.  It's annoying because it's the T3 in my bedroom and I look at it every morning to see how cold it is.  Restarts haven't helped either problem.

Anybody else seeing these issues?

Had an issue with the wrong weather (3.2.2).  rebooted the TS T3 and all seems to be working

Thanks for reporting these bugs.

I'm happy to report that one of the issues has already been fixed and is going through beta now and the estimated date for this fix to be made available to production is around Oct. 12th. 

We also have the touch screen team investigating the issue with indoor/outdoor temperatures getting mixed up. They haven't located the root cause yet, but once they are able to we will issue a fix for it ASAP. 

32 minutes ago, Darin, C4 PM UI said:

Thanks for reporting these bugs.

I'm happy to report that one of the issues has already been fixed and is going through beta now and the estimated date for this fix to be made available to production is around Oct. 12th. 

We also have the touch screen team investigating the issue with indoor/outdoor temperatures getting mixed up. They haven't located the root cause yet, but once they are able to we will issue a fix for it ASAP. 

Thanks!  I guess this is already known, but it seems like the T3's do receive out-of-band on-demand updates sort of like the Neeo?  Both of these issues occurred without any controller upgrades on my side.

9 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

Thanks!  I guess this is already known, but it seems like the T3's do receive out-of-band on-demand updates sort of like the Neeo?  Both of these issues occurred without any controller upgrades on my side.

Yes. T3s have auto update. That was added a few releases ago. 

Yes that is correct. The Neeo, Touch Screens (T3/T4), and the TV Interface all receive automatic updates from OS 3.1.3+ mostly with bug fixes since most features have dependencies that require a full OS update. 

However, the Touch Screens did just get updated with a new feature, Night Mode for Touch Screens allows you to set a time period for the screen to turn off each night so you can use a screen saver of your preference and have things go dark at night.

night_mode.png

1 hour ago, Darin, C4 PM UI said:

Yes that is correct. The Neeo, Touch Screens (T3/T4), and the TV Interface all receive automatic updates from OS 3.1.3+ mostly with bug fixes since most features have dependencies that require a full OS update. 

However, the Touch Screens did just get updated with a new feature, Night Mode for Touch Screens allows you to set a time period for the screen to turn off each night so you can use a screen saver of your preference and have things go dark at night.

night_mode.png

Wow this is great. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Darin, C4 PM UI said:

Ah - cool, I currently use programming to set the screensaver to "none" or "blank" (whichever it is) after a certain period of time.

7 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

Ah - cool, I currently use programming to set the screensaver to "none" or "blank" (whichever it is) after a certain period of time.

I used to do that and since disabled that schedule and use the night mode. Easier to change vs programming

• 2 weeks later...

Correct, we have addressed the alignment issue and release the automatic update. 

The team believes they have located the problem with the indoor/outdoor temperature, but are still working through a resolution for it.  I'll give you guys an update once we have a fix go into beta.  Right now the only work around to get it fixed is to have a dealer set it through the UI config agent in Composer Pro, I've seen others confirm that this work around has fixed it for them. 

21 minutes ago, Darin, C4 PM UI said:

Correct, we have addressed the alignment issue and release the automatic update. 

The team believes they have located the problem with the indoor/outdoor temperature, but are still working through a resolution for it.  I'll give you guys an update once we have a fix go into beta.  Right now the only work around to get it fixed is to have a dealer set it through the UI config agent in Composer Pro, I've seen others confirm that this work around has fixed it for them. 

Presumably an end user can do this with HE also?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.