C4 Forums | Control4

Mirroring HDMI Signal

Topfox

Looking at buying a Samsung Frame for a bathroom setup. Was looking at putting the TV over the toilet. Source would be run off a LU1082. 

Then I started to think, if someone is going numero 2 they won’t be able to see the TV. I have a side wall that could be a good spot. You would just have to look to the side wall to see the TV when using the bathroom. However then I thought do I really want drunk guys looking sideways while going numero 1?

So now I’m thinking about having 2 TVs, but I only have one output left on my LU1082. Was wondering if anyone has experience with HDMI splitters that would be rated up to 4k that could provide AV to both TVs if I were to do 2 TVs. Or if there is a better way than what I’m currently thinking. 

I had a Monster 1x2 splitter that is supposed to do 4k. It was like $30. Looks like all my sources (Xbox series X, fios cable boxes and NVR) are working. What’s not working is my 4k FireTV Cube. 
Going to play with it some more and see if I can get the FireTV to work. 

The Monster one was just one I had laying around the house, so definitely was worth a shot. :)

There was a C4 document that listed like 4 splitters that were tested with the system in the context of Compatibility Mode. They were all cheap ones, but I can’t seem to find it every time I look for it for reference. I think it had a Wolfpack and a KanexPro model listed as ones it has tested with the matrix.  

I appreciate everyone’s input. I have one more thing to try and if it doesn’t work I’ll probably go with the Binary or AVPro device. 

2 hours ago, Control4Savant said:

Yep... and my comment was aimed at your suggestion of Binary... which is not on the level of AVPro. Cheers.

Ah, OK - got it. I´ve had pretty good results with them in the past (EDIT: at least for such simple tasks like splitting w/o downscaling). What´s the issue with them?
I can get both Binary and AVPro from my distributor so i could easily switch.

On 11/5/2021 at 11:05 AM, Köhler Medientechnik said:

Ah, OK - got it. I´ve had pretty good results with them in the past (EDIT: at least for such simple tasks like splitting w/o downscaling). What´s the issue with them?
I can get both Binary and AVPro from my distributor so i could easily switch.

For general use Binary is fine.. but the cost then becomes unnecessary compared to other inexpensive brands. AVPro is the performance hardware. 

53 minutes ago, Control4Savant said:

For general use Binary is fine.. but the cost then becomes unnecessary compared to other inexpensive brands. AVPro is the performance hardware. 

OK, thanks. As i said, in terms of hardware and firmware, both the Binary and the AVPro unit seem to be pretty similar, so my guess is under the hood it´s more or less the same anyway.

But i´ll have a closer look at AVPro anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.