C4 Forums | Control4

New AVA remote for Control4

anon2828

Picked up 1 so far and it's decent.  It is not without some items that need to be addressed but they are aware of namely the fast scrub FF/RW on Apple TV (works fine on Roku).  I like the Scene's function a lot as I create and change those a lot in different zones and the visual (GUI) for it is nice.  Also like that all controllable devices other than cameras/alarm were functioning and working from the date of receipt versus what had to wait for say shades to work on the Halo.  Have put 1 Halo Touch on sale and ordered 2 more of these Cinema Remotes for guest rooms.  Will likely sell all Halo's since putting in Ketra lighting to replace C4 lighting in some specific zones and like how the lighting interface works on the their remotes specifically with the color temp, hue and saturation

Thanks. That’s helpful. Are you running Josh or the AVA app on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Topspin14m said:

Thanks. That’s helpful. Are you running Josh or the AVA app on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Running Josh.  I purchased from Josh that way it loads in Kiosk mode with the app already loaded after loading credentials.  A few folks on a FB forum noted they had issues trying to run Josh app when buying directly thru Ava.  As a disclaimer I have switched most items over from C4 to Josh for primary user interface (i.e. prior Josh AVA Touch, iOS app on phone and iPad, and pre-order of Touchscreens).  Still keeping C4 for some interfaces I can access, scene-set, and control via josh (i.e. Infratech Heaters)

I am not sure of if there are any issues running native apps (I.e. Spotify, Sonos, Apple Music, etc.) directly just using Ava