C4 Forums | Control4

Old system - just throw it all away?

sgurley314

@chopedogg88 

My brother had a whole-house setup (parts below) and it was working 100% but he wanted an upgrade. When the dealer uninstalled, my brother kept all the hardware for me - I'm pretty hacky at things but I've never had the time to do anything with it so it's all been in bubble wrap for 4 years (uninstalled Spring of 2017). I have photos but it all appears in like-new condition.

• 1 FM/AM Tuner module C4-TUN2-E-B
  • 4 7" In-Wall Touch Screen C4-TSWM7-E-B
  • 3 Ethernet Mini Touch Screen TSE-3.8c2-(COLOR)
  • 2 Controllers Model C4-HC250-BL
  • 1 Wireless Touch Screen (big ipad thing) TX-3000
  • 1 Docking Station (TCD-5213) for the touch screen
  • A big remote control (not sure what that's for)

Is it worth anything or throw it all in the dumpster - I assume none of this can be used for anything outside of a control4 setup.

-scott

The hc250 is 3 generations behind. I wouldn't bother with any of it. You can't use it past os2.9 and there was a lot of major updates with 2.10, and we're now at os3. A lot of modern drivers won't operate even on os2.10.

The controller itself was released 2012

At this point of time, most dealers/installers have thrown this gear away (we don't even have one for testing anymore)

They wouldn't even be worth the effort on eBay 

On 12/10/2022 at 1:36 PM, Andrew luecke said:

The hc250 is 3 generations behind. I wouldn't bother with any of it. You can't use it past os2.9 and there was a lot of major updates with 2.10, and we're now at os3. A lot of modern drivers won't operate even on os2.10.

The controller itself was released 2012

At this point of time, most dealers/installers have thrown this gear away (we don't even have one for testing anymore)

They wouldn't even be worth the effort on eBay 

HC250 are still good up until 2.10.6 so they can be used in plenty of functioning systems. I would not use it as a main controller for a largeish project. If you have no need to update or want a simple 1 room solution they work just fine. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.