C4 Forums | Control4

NVIDIA Shield long press?

2 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

No because there is no press and hold in programming. It would fire enter command 10 times. 

I was hoping maybe with the possible lag between C4 and the Shield that repeating the command line would be seen as one command being held....

4 hours ago, drmark12pa said:

I was hoping maybe with the possible lag between C4 and the Shield that repeating the command line would be seen as one command being held....

devices are made to ignore repeat commands thats why we have ir repeat count options in the ir drivers.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, drmark12pa said:

What's odd is that I can scroll through titles on the NVIDIA Shield on Netflix or Kodi by holding the up or down arrows as a continuous command (UP/DOWN) but C4 can't do a long press for ENTER with C4 Shield Driver.....

I think what you think is a long press is actually it sending up up up or down down down etc a bunch of times to get things to move. What I do is have the Nvidia shield app on my phone and the rare times I need it open that app and do the long press. This way you still don't need the shield remote. 

20 hours ago, Neo1738 said:

I think what you think is a long press is actually it sending up up up or down down down etc a bunch of times to get things to move. What I do is have the Nvidia shield app on my phone and the rare times I need it open that app and do the long press. This way you still don't need the shield remote. 

There is an Nvidia Shield app?  I had no idea! I'll check it out

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.