C4 Forums | Control4

Audio Zones

BY96

3 minutes ago, SpencerT said:

You’re right I got it wrong, I thought it’s higher but I was looking to something else, the 2way Audioflow will cost around $202 shipped to US, it will be cheaper than the TriadOne, unless he can get a bargain on a used one on eBay!

There is also another manual solution I used in master bedroom and shower, but am using only one pair in both, Pyle in Wall Speaker Volume Control - Home Audio Smart 2-Channel A/B Dual Channel Speakers Controller Selector Pod Box - Rotary Knob Fader Control Up to (2) Pair of Indoor or Outdoor Speakers PVCD15 https://a.co/d/3mZQtGZ

IMG_7056.jpeg

I just wanted to write in defense of separate shower zone (and C4 "room").   If you have a big bathroom, in order to clearly hear spoken content (podcast or the news) over the noise of the shower, you might have to crank up the volume a bunch.  I like being able to have just the shower speaker on so as to not disturb the wifey.    Agree that it is overkill, but I use it.   And easy enough to manually or programmatically join the zones into common session when you don't need separate control.

5 minutes ago, cnicholson said:

I just wanted to write in defense of separate shower zone (and C4 "room").   If you have a big bathroom, in order to clearly hear spoken content (podcast or the news) over the noise of the shower, you might have to crank up the volume a bunch.  I like being able to have just the shower speaker on so as to not disturb the wifey.    Agree that it is overkill, but I use it.   And easy enough to manually or programmatically join the zones into common session when you don't need separate control.

I went with separate rooms for the bathroom and shower!

• 6 months later...

I am bringing back my own thread from this past summer, as I have a related question. 

I have changed from the Episode Response to a Triad 16x16 matrix, a Triad 8 zone amp V2, and a second Triad amp on its way. Before, I used the three audio outputs of the Core3 to provide music to the Episode Response for the house zones and one audio output from an EA-3 for music to two Parasound amps that powered two speaker pairs in the backyard. Now, I am using all four audio outputs to the Triad matrix, with one Triad amp powering the current 8 zones in the house and the second Triad powering the two in the backyard, with additional outputs to add extra rooms and zones in the future. 

Here is my question... Can I devote one matrix output to each out of the outdoor speaker pairs but have those two "zones" on the matrix both be assigned to the same room ("Outdoors") or do I need to use only one matrix output zone and a Y-adapter to different inputs on the amp? I have plenty of zones on the matrix, more than I need, so I rather do the former and not use a Y-adapter. However, I am not sure if two audio zones can be assigned to the same room. 

The two outside speakers pairs will never need to play different sources at the same time, and both have manual volume controls if I don't want both playing. 

3 minutes ago, RAV said:

TS-PAMP4-100?
If so, use the global input on the amp from the matix, and then set pair two on the amp to use the global input on the amp. No Y'
s and no Software Audio Scene setup needed.

The amps are the V2s, but they have the same global input option. I hadn't thought about that. So the two outdoor amps are tied to the global input, and the other amps are tied to the other individual inputs? 

20 minutes ago, BY96 said:

The amps are the V2s, but they have the same global input option. I hadn't thought about that. So the two outdoor amps are tied to the global input, and the other amps are tied to the other individual inputs? 

Correct. Based on the dip switch setting on the amp.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.