C4 Forums | Control4

zappiti

daveva

33 minutes ago, GregCAMS said:

definitely prefer the stability, performance, reliability, and service with Kaleidescape

Pros and cons to DIY vs K-Scape, that is for sure. The quality and integration is second to none with K-Scape. In some cases the bitrate and quality even tops that of what can be bought on UHD Blu-ray.

With no DV support it first and foremost is designed for projectors. Tough price pill to swallow since I already own more 850 Blu-rays with more than 150 of them being 4k Blu-ray. Really don't want to have to buy those all again, even with "disc-to-digital" program they have.

55 minutes ago, JSTRONG said:

There may be enough disc to digital movie store credits to buy these movies depending on what Kaleidescape system you purchase. 

Wait...there are credits you get for this when you buy a K-Scape system?

6 hours ago, BXTR said:

People want convenience and imo any media storage/server except for Kaleidescape is a pain in the rear for the vast majority of people

Along with ease of use with Kaleidescape comes vastly superior audio(better picture as well) compared to what streaming offers so anyone that wants “easy” and owns a higher quality a/v or theater system will appreciate K

Kaleidescape isn’t going anywhere

There's no doubt about the quality of the product, and if it's in your ability (willingness) to pay for it, then it's a great solution.

Longevity - well I just don't know. If enough people continue to recognize and want to pay for it, it'll stay.

DVD, Bluray, CDs were all 'not going away' either. 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, GregCAMS said:

Definitely not rich but just saved up weekly for a few months to get the initial Strato S and then slowly upgraded from there.  Before then had the original CinemaOne before the 1 day KScape went out of business and restarted.  The content is owned so never lost it.  There are integrators much more familiar than me on this topic but definitely prefer the stability, performance, reliability, and service with Kaleidescape.  And now, compared to then, they have licensing agreements and two-way feedback with each of the studios.  

It’s definitely a pill to swallow but I have not looked back since getting K either

It works well and the quality of the media sooo good. I’ve seen 1080p movies on K look good enough that an untrained eye might mistake it for 4K 

14 minutes ago, BXTR said:

It’s definitely a pill to swallow but I have not looked back since getting K either

It works well and the quality of the media sooo good. I’ve seen 1080p movies on K look good enough that an untrained eye might mistake it for 4K 

agreed.  And with the new upgraded Terra servers they offer, quite a few of the pre-existing Terra's can be had a 'relatively' good price on the KScape Owners Forum.  It's not an impluse purchase in my case so took budgeting, saving and setting aside money as a priority but like you I've loved it and enjoy the convenience and quality of it.  Don't enjoy spending time tinkering; I like it that I set it up, added to system, and had it going and running in a matter of minutes.  And then the movie store and the disc to digital program was very price friendly along with the content sets. 

On 10/4/2023 at 4:24 AM, Amr said:

What does the Lite driver provide vs the Full Kodi driver? In another question what I’ll be missing if I don’t use the Full driver?

Basically the full driver allows you to use Control4 built in media search on touch screens and navigator. I found I like to use the native Kodi interface so the lite version has everything I need.  See attached below from dev.

What is the difference between KODI Lite and Full?

Kodi Full has everything Kodi Lite has but also has the ability to browse and search Movies, TV Shows, Youtube, VEVO, Video Files, Video Addons, Music Addons, Music Library and Music Files.  This enriches the Control4 Navigator user interface with video browsing and searching capabilities it doesn't normally have.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.