C4 Forums | Control4

Ruckus Sale!

Time2Jet

Anyone interested in Ruckus gear, message me. There is a very nice sale on their APs and Switches. Fantastic opportunity to finally crossover to enterprise grade APs at prices similar to mainstream home APs. I’m a huge fan of Ruckus and its Unleashed platform. Very simple to setup and manage.

The sale runs through the end of the year.

Message me if you are interested.

TIA

9 hours ago, Time2Jet said:

Anyone interested in Ruckus gear, message me. There is a very nice sale on their APs and Switches. Fantastic opportunity to finally crossover to enterprise grade APs at prices similar to mainstream home APs. I’m a huge fan of Ruckus and it’s Unleashed platform. Very simple to setup and use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they have their wifi7 AP unleashed available? 

They do not. I assume the sale is to try to clear out some wifi6 gear… even though it hasn’t been around terribly long. I personally have a blend of Rx10’s and Rx50’s in my project. They are blazing fast and very stable.

Are the new iPhone 15’s wifi7?

58 minutes ago, Time2Jet said:

They do not. I assume the sale is to try to clear out some wifi6 gear… even though it hasn’t been around terribly long. I personally gave a blend of Rx10’s and Rx50’s in my project. They are blazing fast and very stable.

Are the new iPhone 15’s wifi7?

Wi‑Fi 6 (802.11ax) with 2x2 MIMO

It's a bit early for proper brands like Ruckus to have Wifi7 still. The big advantage of Wifi 7 will realistically be guaranteed low latency (which may also open up new classes of devices), or possibly full-quality streaming of high res footage over wifi without quality loss (but for that kind of bandwidth, you'll need Fibre+SFP or 10gbps Link Aggregation). So, many installs will likely only benefit from the latency improvements for now (but really depends on the usecase. It won't help if your usecase is netflix)

If you're building and want WiFi 7, make sure you install conduit to your AP at a minimum, but you probably want fiber and ethernet running to your AP's to be able to use them at full capacity

9 hours ago, Andrew luecke said:

It's a bit early for proper brands like Ruckus to have Wifi7 still. The big advantage of Wifi 7 will realistically be guaranteed low latency (which may also open up new classes of devices), or possibly full-quality streaming of high res footage over wifi without quality loss (but for that kind of bandwidth, you'll need Fibre+SFP or 10gbps Link Aggregation). So, many installs will likely only benefit from the latency improvements for now (but really depends on the usecase. It won't help if your usecase is netflix)

If you're building and want WiFi 7, make sure you install conduit to your AP at a minimum, but you probably want fiber and ethernet running to your AP's to be able to use them at full capacity

Thanks for that insight.  Had started to spec out an upgrade of my service from ISP to 2.5Gbps and the associated router, switches and Ruckus WIFI 6 AP's.  All of my entertainment source and end devices are wired with only having laptops and phones wireless.  From you opining, worth waiting for Wifi 7 whenever Ruckus releases those products or safe to proceed with what's existing?  I'm on Wifi 5 now and mostly satisfied with the wireless here although did get a spot review done and found recommended to add an outdoor AP and one more indoor AP.  Using Araknis for the AP's but going to Ruckus going forward

6 hours ago, GregCAMS said:

Thanks for that insight.  Had started to spec out an upgrade of my service from ISP to 2.5Gbps and the associated router, switches and Ruckus WIFI 6 AP's.  All of my entertainment source and end devices are wired with only having laptops and phones wireless.  From you opining, worth waiting for Wifi 7 whenever Ruckus releases those products or safe to proceed with what's existing?  I'm on Wifi 5 now and mostly satisfied with the wireless here although did get a spot review done and found recommended to add an outdoor AP and one more indoor AP.  Using Araknis for the AP's but going to Ruckus going forward

I have Ruckus Wifi 6 APs and they are blazing fast.  I would think only if you have a lot of band interference, Wifi 7 wouldnt give your use case a lot of benefit for the cost.

1 hour ago, ejn1 said:

I have Ruckus Wifi 6 APs and they are blazing fast.  I would think only if you have a lot of band interference, Wifi 7 wouldnt give your use case a lot of benefit for the cost.

am thinking the same and don't have alot of interference either.  Thanks!

Honestly, I agree there still aren't any real-world applications for home users released yet for Wifi 7.

But, I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see technologies like better wireless MOIP baluns a few months after the standard is finalised (and can think of a few that used their own rf standard).  Wifi 7 has a worst case latency of only 10ms (best case 1ms, which is less than 1 frame), and 30gb performance. But, that will only mainly benefit specialized applications, or hardware designed for it (maybe also gaming if you're relying on wifi).

I'm still using Wifi 5 too (which is enough for me at the moment), but will upgrade to 7 when proper AP's get released

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.