C4 Forums | Control4

Sweet t-stat

tebery

C4 should just make a touchpanel/thermostat combo.... then with 2.0 you can have a great looking thermostat that also does everything else. Or better yet, make the 7" touchpanel modular with a thermostat add on that can be purchased separately (hidden in the box). Most thermostats are in decent touch panel locations anyhow.

EDIT: Actually take a closer look at the picture.. this isnt just a thermostat. There are buttons for videos, media, etc on the bottom. This is a touchpanel/automation interface.

Can't hide a thermostat in a box.

Problem is, unless it has airflow, the electronics of the touchpanel would mess up the temperature readings.

Also, I disagree that thermostats are typically in a good location for a touchpanel. Not to mention that wiring for a touchpanel is typically going to be additional wiring on top of just thermostat wiring. i.e. unless you have a common wire, you're not using the furnace's power, and wiring additional power. If you're going to that trouble, you might as well install a separate touchpanel in a better location.

RyanE

Ugh, it's built on a Microsoft platform ... guaranteed instability and susceptibility to viruses. Expect to buy anti-virus and spyware software for it.

Honey, I can't change the temperature because our HVAC thermostat "blue screened" / has a virus!!! LMAO

Archived