C4 Forums | Control4

DS2 Doorstation Programmed Reboot

3 hours ago, RAV said:

Cycle it's power.

Either add a POE supply and control it's outlet power, or if it's a POE switch the switch may have a driver.

I have a problematic device that I do this for. It’s easy to do if you’ve got a switch you have a driver for. I do it via Luxul and it works great. 

I have a custom button that reboots my DS2 using programming.  It works perfectly.  I am not at home right now to check how the programming works but there is no external hardware involved so it is either a reboot command on the DS2 driver itself or one of these controller reboot drivers (everyone had them at one stage - HouseLogix, Annex4 via their Link driver, Driver Central via its cloud driver etc.) using the IP address to reboot it.  I will check when I can.

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

There is new ts2 firmware that I don't believe we've applied to your system. Since we haven't updated you in a while. I would also look at that

Why not set the driver to auto update? I’m pretty sure that the DS2 driver is one of the C4 database drivers that supports this feature?  Not that I am necessarily an advocate of this…

3 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

Why not set the driver to auto update? I’m pretty sure that the DS2 driver is one of the C4 database drivers that supports this feature?  Not that I am necessarily an advocate of this…

I don't recall if that one has auto update. I think due to the firmware update embedded in it it doesn't. 

On 3/13/2024 at 5:01 PM, ajd123 said:

Every couple of days my DS2 goes offline or the picture gets messed up.

I would like my DS2 Doorstation to reboot everyday at 5am.

Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

IMG_E3799.JPG

we had this - You just need to up date the driver. 

Go into Control4 Driver - https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?q=doorstation

Download the Driver, then go into HE right click the ds2 driver and press update and select driver you download 

Its simple